Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Not much happening in the addons depot  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Lt_Phoenix

• Members
Not much happening in the addons depot
« on: 03 Apr 2003, 13:37:05 »
Haven't seen much happening here lately.

I would have prefered DLing stuff from OFPEC, since there's usually a more detailed description of the Addons, and they've been tested before being added to the addons depot. I also like the fact that they rate the addons. Saves me having spend a lot of time DLing something, only to find it's a bunch of crap.

I mean no offence to the guys that spend lots of time making addons for the rest of the community, but some addonmakers are more skilled than others. (maybe due to the fact that they have made more addons, and have therefore gathered a lot more experience)

Hope this section of the site will be up and running soon
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2003, 13:49:53 by Lt_Phoenix »
In memory of Police Chief Inspector Arne Sigve Klungland 1950 - 2004
Killed in the line of duty 5. April 2004

Check out the new Norwegian Forces Studio's temporary site at: http://marsuitor.tripod.com/mmb/

Yippyfn

Re:Not much happening in the addons depot
« Reply #1 on: 03 Apr 2003, 13:44:41 »
All's quiet on the addon front. I agree with you Lt. Phoenix. They need to get that place up and running.

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
Not all is lost.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #3 on: 03 Apr 2003, 17:39:16 »
http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=7844

Hmmm... But the news in the top of this screen sometimes says that addons depot submission is open... And it have said that a while but I canÂ't see any new addons. :-\

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #4 on: 03 Apr 2003, 17:48:16 »
You're right. It does say addon submission open. It doesn't say addon reviewing is open or has started.

I'm not the one to comment on this tough because I know nothing of addon depots business, but I'm sure when things start to happen, you'll be informed.
At the moment I'm thinking that only the submission part of the depot is open, which means that users can submit their addons, but not necissarely they are reviewed right away.

It was the same case with missions depot. First kicked in the submission part and a few weeks after that it came possible for us reviewers start reviewing them and about a week later the user got his first reviewed missions  :)
Not all is lost.