Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: I GOT THE BESTEST IDEA!!!!!  (Read 1572 times)

Yippyfn

I GOT THE BESTEST IDEA!!!!!
« on: 02 Apr 2003, 18:24:20 »
Ok, listen up. I learned a lot of what I know about mission making from breaking down other people's missions in the editor so.....how about OFPEC starts a new section kinda like their missions depot except you download missions for the editor?:hmm:Hmmm??? I'd like to hear anyone's thoughts on this (I can take some  criticism).

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:I GOT THE BESTEST IDEA!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 02 Apr 2003, 18:29:12 »
There are some example missions in the tute section.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 02 Apr 2003, 19:02:36 »
You can learn a lot from breaking down BIS's missions in the Editor too.   And of course you can look at the missions from the Mission Depot in the Editor anyway.

What kind of missions would be in this new section?   How would they be different from missions in the Mission Depot?    Where would they come from?    
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

_hammy_

« Reply #3 on: 03 Apr 2003, 00:30:40 »
Yippyfn: just un-pbo the missions pbo files. :)
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2003, 00:35:49 by HAMMY »

Yippyfn

« Reply #4 on: 03 Apr 2003, 13:42:59 »
    Ok, let me try and reply to all of your points. First, I've downloaded missions from the tute section in the editor, and if I remember correctly, (and it's been a year or two since I downloaded these) there wasn't that much in the missions.
    Second, macguba shot my idea down in a ball of flames. :(
I can learn a lot from BIS' missions (thx macguba!) and I have no logical answer to your last questions.
    Third, whenever I try and DePBO  MOST missions it turns out the description and mission files and that stuff are in either (and I am not making this up) Czech or that funny computer language , I'm not sure which. So then they won't work in the editor. Thanks for all your help guys! :)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #5 on: 03 Apr 2003, 17:06:07 »
Sorry, I didn't mean to shoot you down ... I just noted down the first questions that came to mind.

If you haven't downloaded stuff for a while there have been a few improvements in the world of OFP editing.   Get hold of Amalfi's un-pbo 1.5, (Editors Depot - Tools) which works like magic and means you can decode missions - including official ones - in one easy step.

We have more and better missions in the Ed Depot now, including a specific tutorial mission.   It's probably too basic for you, but I hope it helps a few people.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #6 on: 06 Apr 2003, 14:46:11 »
and PBOdecryptor 1.5 works fine too...
If you use it the missions will work...

Garcia