Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Dead animals and destroyed vehicles.  (Read 8572 times)

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
Dead animals and destroyed vehicles.
« on: 30 Aug 2002, 22:04:50 »
Can anyone make a few models of dead animals to put around?like cows and horses, they would do, blood textures would be apreciated. I'm sure everybody knows what they are for ;D
 The other recuest is destroyed vehicles, the jeeps and tank aren't good enough, we need some more stuff and it must be some destroyed vehicles from the East side too.
Later all.
@cero
SCREWBY!!!

Offline madmedic

• Members
  • You can run.....But you'll just die tired.
Re:Dead animals and destroyed vehicles.
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2002, 22:38:32 »
Yes,...and we need crashed aircraft, that look better than just setting damage to 1.0 on aircraft from the game (they really dont look realistic when they crash)

Planes, Choppers, ect. already wrecked that you can place on your map, with debris fields, and the whole nine yards.

Chomps

« Reply #2 on: 31 Aug 2002, 03:45:41 »
Some downed aircraft would be nice for SAR missions.

A busted up, crashlanded F-15, complete with a trail of debri and scorch mark would be sweet.  ;D

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2002, 18:58:55 »
I agree, these are some "eye Candy" objects that we really need, crashed A/C make huge possibilities for SAR and CSAR missions, which would tie in with using TJP's new helis, and Bibmis and Frandsens new infantry.

You see these addons would be a springboard for other addons. Some Nam era "Downed Units" would be cool to, but thats another topic...

blath

« Reply #4 on: 31 Aug 2002, 19:22:46 »
u mean like pilots?
i have sum of them sumwhere, either from this site or ofp.info
never used em but i have em ;D

Offline madmedic

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 31 Aug 2002, 22:56:34 »
Ya know what would be REALLY cool,...a static object that a unit can get into...(like that park bench)... that way, you could place a realistic looking crashed chopper somewhere, with live crewmembers still trapped inside and you would then be able to "rescue" them using triggers, ow waypoint commands to make them "get out" when the player finds them.

Added note: if anyone decides to try to make something like this, keep in mind that a chopper will almost always roll onto it's side when it crashes hard (particularly the very top heavy ones like the Bell JetRanger)

PFC_Mike

« Reply #6 on: 31 Aug 2002, 23:19:19 »
If anyone wishes to make an o2 model of a destroyed anything (the game's real-time rendering of destroyed softeskins is simply pathetic. Dammage=1 doesn't cut it for cars, trucks and other wheeled vehicles.), I will gladly *attempt* to texture it.

I think most people would especially appreciate destroyed versions of

UAZ
BRDM
5-ton truck
Scud (for Desert Storm)
civvie cars

UH-60 (especially BHD fans)
CH-47
OH-58
Mi 24
Mi 17
Su-25 (they get shot down in Chechnya)
Mi -26 (continuing the Chechnyan theme)

UH-1 (Nam Pack 2.1 anybody?)
B-52 (")

Offline madmedic

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 31 Aug 2002, 23:27:23 »
WHOA,...I just had a revelation....(correct me if Im wrong)
when a vehicle gets destroyed in OFP, It switches to a destroyed model of the vehicle specified in the .cpp file right?.....So, if someone were to make a BETTER destroyed model, couldn't THAT one be specified instead (through editing of the .cpp)

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #8 on: 01 Sep 2002, 00:53:21 »
That is a frickin good idea, replace the crappy ofp destroyed models with quality ones of your own - pure genius  8)

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #9 on: 01 Sep 2002, 02:20:47 »
yes, but what about the dead cows? ??? ???
SCREWBY!!!

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #10 on: 01 Sep 2002, 02:45:41 »
WHOA,...I just had a revelation....(correct me if Im wrong)
when a vehicle gets destroyed in OFP, It switches to a destroyed model of the vehicle specified in the .cpp file right?.....So, if someone were to make a BETTER destroyed model, couldn't THAT one be specified instead (through editing of the .cpp)

no... thats not how it works... the ofp engine simply warp your model - thats it - no addon has a damaged model made.

also on your ideas - the fact that choppers can go down in 100's of different ways, blow up in different ways and land in different places - how are you going to account for that?

the models would have to be objects - but they wont warp to hill very well - so debris fields may hover or not exist...

its a good idea in itself - but just for a mission im sure setdammage 1 will do - the morre needless addons you use, the less desirable the mission becomes.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Offline madmedic

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 01 Sep 2002, 07:48:06 »
well, the suggestion about switching to this model after a chopper crashes was just a guess, (like I said..."correct me if Im wrong) if it wont work, then it wont work :)

but I think at least some static models to use as "props" for downed aircraft would be EXTREMELY nice.
The BIS models set to "damage 1.0" look....well, stupid really.

A good generic wreck for, say...a HUEY, would be simply a Huey fuselage, turned on its side, all the glass smashed out, rotors busted off, maybe the tail section bent, and some caved in body panels and such. But not all "warped" like the bis models.
and you could add some bullet holes, burn marks, ect. ect.
Another nice touch would be to leave the door (whichever side is left up) in the open position to look like the pilot/co-pilot egressed through it.

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #12 on: 01 Sep 2002, 15:13:24 »
yes - agreed BIS dammage models are poor

but no1 will be happy with any crashed model - there will be people who want different styles etc....

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #13 on: 01 Sep 2002, 21:57:48 »
Right, I wanna make a point here.
 I was doing a cuple of missions, like a mini campaign, the deltas neutralice a Iraki camp and destroy the armours, on the next mission they are in the same place where the battle toke off with all the Iraki destroyed armour, I had a fire burning next to two tanks and 3 Delta Force guys tallking next to it, I set damage to 1.0 in the tanks, buuuuuuut :-\
When the mission starts all you heard is a bunch of explosions from the tanks amunition blowing up and the units near them dieing because the explosions. A total desaster. :-[
 By the way, I still would like to see them dead cows, any one? no? Oh well...
Later all.
@cero.
SCREWBY!!!

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #14 on: 01 Sep 2002, 22:42:19 »
to solve that remove all the ammo and fuel from the tanks - then they wont explode.