Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: HAWK SAM  (Read 4602 times)

ZIKAN

Re:HAWK SAM
« Reply #15 on: 30 Aug 2002, 22:58:11 »
Can you remember seeing the BMP with the rocket above the cannon on the advertising for OFP? yet in the game it wasnt there? i guess this proves its not possible to implement in the game, otherwise they would have had one for the BMP.

imemyself

« Reply #16 on: 30 Aug 2002, 23:46:34 »
If someone made the Hawk SAM they would really have to have real radar that you can lock on to, because the HAWK SAM has a range of like 35miles.

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #17 on: 31 Aug 2002, 00:05:14 »
@tai mai shu:
The A10 doesn't "rotate". It turns. The whole vehicle I mean.
In the case of the HAWK battery, there would have to be a turret that moves independent of the main body.

@Stalker:
If we did the same on the HAWK as on the A10, the HAWK would only be able to aim in one direction. Or you would have to move the entire base of the HAWK, which isn't very realistic at all.

Cheers, KTottE
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Chomps

« Reply #18 on: 31 Aug 2002, 00:37:44 »
I see now a bunch of new addons with animations.

Tell me if this will not work.... Have the missiles as part of the main model, rotating as on a turret.  When the HAWK fires, the missile part of the model swings down into the ground as an animation, and the firable missle model is placed and off it goes.

I know it is possible to have animated objects on turrets, since you can turn out on the top of a tank.

Also, would it help if each of the three missiles were classified as separate weapons?

Eviscerator

« Reply #19 on: 31 Aug 2002, 00:44:36 »
things like tank turning in/out are hard coded in ofp, you cant edit them, the only animations we can define are rotation for firing and doors closing, which need you to select it from the action menu outside the vehicle/house for it to work

Chomps

« Reply #20 on: 31 Aug 2002, 03:26:28 »
things like tank turning in/out are hard coded in ofp, you cant edit them, the only animations we can define are rotation for firing and doors closing, which need you to select it from the action menu outside the vehicle/house for it to work

Oh, okay, thanks for clearing that up for me.   ;D

tai mai shu

« Reply #21 on: 31 Aug 2002, 03:30:34 »
what about the bmp-2 with the missile on top?!?!? that missile rotates w/ the turret.....

Chomps

« Reply #22 on: 31 Aug 2002, 03:40:19 »
what about the bmp-2 with the missile on top?!?!? that missile rotates w/ the turret.....

Yes, but notice how you cannot see the actual missile.  All it is is a tube attached to the turret which spawns a missle in front of it when it fires.

In the original demo, I remeber seeing the BMP with an exposed missile.... I wonder why the code for it was not used. I always thought it was because the missile made the tank look weird, but that was a personal opinion.

blath

« Reply #23 on: 31 Aug 2002, 13:06:41 »
ok so 2 units- the turret and the base. turret spins, base sits there doin absolutely nothin except lookin pretty
setpos the turret on top and voila- 1 stationary placement with the top bit turnin (includin missiles)

not quite ideal i know but if this is possible (knowin my technical ability ive propably 4gotten sumthin major) then surely it wud work

blath :-[

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #24 on: 31 Aug 2002, 18:38:34 »
Can you remember seeing the BMP with the rocket above the cannon on the advertising for OFP? yet in the game it wasnt there? i guess this proves its not possible to implement in the game, otherwise they would have had one for the BMP.

ummm - that would be the BMP2 ? and thats in the game.... unless you are describing something else.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

ZIKAN

« Reply #25 on: 31 Aug 2002, 19:42:12 »
Yes i am describing something else, the BMP 1.
 If you look just above the cannon there is a rack for a rocket. There should be one on there. If it was possible to have one surely they would of put one there, but  in OFP it seems its impossible to have one on a turret, (so far)
The BMP 2 does indeed have a rocket but its in a tube, so you dont actually see the rocket.

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #26 on: 31 Aug 2002, 21:31:59 »
Rather, it has a rocket launcher. There's no rocket in the tube, much the same way there's no bullet in the M16 barrel. The rocket object spawns at the end of the tube when it's fired, and fly off to destroy some innocent M2A2's.

It's accomplished using so called memory points, which can and do, follow the turret when it spins.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

LimeCordial

« Reply #27 on: 31 Aug 2002, 22:35:23 »
is this it?