Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: HAWK SAM  (Read 4596 times)

nfshotrods

HAWK SAM
« on: 30 Aug 2002, 13:01:54 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

RT

Re:HAWK SAM
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2002, 13:56:08 »
What you mean like, and dare I say the word....command & conquer SAM sites? Sorry if that made anyone cry hearing that dirty word on a OFP site  :)

Chomps

« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2002, 15:49:59 »
Sounds like a good idea.  It could be used to shoot down any of the existing air units and offer an actual challenge to any MiG addons anyone makes.  Of course, it can be used as a target for Soviet missions and even just to make bases look a little more complete.

RT

« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2002, 16:06:47 »
Thinking about it if they were automated then as you say they would make air attacks which r often the easiest attack option quite difficult and ppl my well go back to ground attacking, the more I think about it the more I like the idea.

LimeCordial

« Reply #4 on: 30 Aug 2002, 16:58:21 »
do or did automated sam sites exist?

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #5 on: 30 Aug 2002, 17:12:38 »
the Rapier system is automated

and that Hawk SAM has been made already by colonel_klink - not sure if hes anywhere near releasing it.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

nfshotrods

« Reply #6 on: 30 Aug 2002, 17:21:10 »
What you mean like, and dare I say the word....command & conquer SAM sites? Sorry if that made anyone cry hearing that dirty word on a OFP site  :)

No not CnC-style sam-sites, but you can use them to protect targets in airstrike missions

ZIKAN

« Reply #7 on: 30 Aug 2002, 20:05:12 »
Yes i think this would be good in MP missions. How many times have you played capture the flag or TDM, and someone has base raped you and destroyed all your equipment before you had a chance to get kitted out etc.... :P

Eviscerator

« Reply #8 on: 30 Aug 2002, 20:12:58 »
sams like this arent able to be made in ofp realisticly, proxys cant rotate, these are used to make the missiles that detach, tube launched missiles are fine but the rapier and stinger wont look real as the missiles cant move if they are proxies if i remember correctly this is why klink stopped working on it or at least put it on hold until there are some changes in the engine

ZIKAN

« Reply #9 on: 30 Aug 2002, 20:24:09 »
OK so if missiles cant move, how come the Maverik missile will detach and launch on a A-10? Im just kind of confused about that and what you have said Eviscerator.

Eviscerator

« Reply #10 on: 30 Aug 2002, 20:32:53 »
when you fire a maverick on the a10 the proxy disappears and is replaced by a new model that can fire, the proxy never actually moves, it cant move around the model, it has to be static

Stalker

« Reply #11 on: 30 Aug 2002, 20:39:04 »
when you fire a maverick on the a10 the proxy disappears and is replaced by a new model that can fire, the proxy never actually moves, it cant move around the model, it has to be static
So why we can't do the same in SAM ?

Eviscerator

« Reply #12 on: 30 Aug 2002, 20:41:34 »
because a rapier spins round to target aircraft, same with the hawk i think, the main body would spin but the rockets wouldnt move

nfshotrods

« Reply #13 on: 30 Aug 2002, 20:53:09 »

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2002, 20:56:20 by nfshotrods »

tai mai shu

« Reply #14 on: 30 Aug 2002, 22:46:02 »
how come the a10 can rotate around?  the proxis are attached to the wings, right?  so therefore the proxies turn as the vehicle turns.  why not make the proxies mounted on a Turret?