Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: New Forum thread  (Read 1905 times)

O Neil

New Forum thread
« on: 12 Mar 2003, 06:14:07 »
Hey

I recon (But what do I know?)that because people work on missions and stuff, that there should be a thread for people with missions, you know, for input, and getting the latest news on missions your waiting to see created bu normal people ;)

Just a suggy

O Neil

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
Re:New Forum thread
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2003, 07:13:22 »
A 'Work In Progress' kind of a thread?

I don't see this happening (though it's not up to me) because these kinds of threads tend to fill up with missions which 9/10 of them never get finished and submitted.

Bob says: "Hey I'm making a cool mission and it's coming along real nicely."

Jack says: "Hi Bob, I'm waiting to see your mission, when is it due?"

Bob says: "It'll be finished in a few days."

After a few days

Jack says: "Where are you Bob? Is your mission finished?"

Bob says: "No, gonna need a few more days."

After a few more days

Jack says: "So.. umm.. Bob? Where are you man?"

After a month

Bob says: "Forget about the last mission, it's not gonna happen. Now I'm making a new mission which will be even cooler!"

Jack says: "oh crap"

Not all is lost.

Sol Fire

« Reply #2 on: 29 Mar 2003, 20:55:29 »
ARTAK!

HOW DID YOU FIND THAT?!

you snuck into my Email didnt you?!  ;D

i do that sometimes get a good mission near completion and then get so Totally bored of it i throw it away!

sometimes i come back to it later and fix it up but i really dont plan much on Submitting anything  :-\

infact out of about hmm... 10 missions i made and actually finished i never submitted anywhere

never felt they were any good for Submitting but then again at that time i never used scripts everything i did was Editor Driven :P

im working on a Single Player mission i nicknamed Red Strike since it happens in the morning and i plan on hopefully finishing that  ;)

anyway what you said is True alot people sometimes just get stuck or dont feel like finishing it so they dump it.. kinda sad :'(

asmodeus

« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2003, 06:13:58 »
"A lot of great work is lost, but for a little more..."

I like that quote.. Just saw it for the first time the other day!  (which is amazing cause I thought I'd seen them all in OFP)  

Anyhow, the idea for the new board..  

Are you saying it would be for finished missions?  Only ones submitted and reviewed by OFPEC?

IMO the main part of the process that a mission designer needs feedback during is the BETA phase...  (And it's really difficult to get beta testers sometimes)

The comments after a mission is done should probably be sent to the Author.  (bugs, feedback, etc)

That's just my opinion though.   ;)

Asmo

Sol Fire

« Reply #4 on: 30 Mar 2003, 08:49:12 »
you know.. i agree with that Quote.. all the missions i never finished i deleted but everyone i made i learned something new  ;D

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #5 on: 30 Mar 2003, 10:11:32 »
Artak, I smile at that dialogue every time I read this thread  :) :) :)

I agree with Asmo - what we really need it to encourage more people to post their missions and test on the beta forum.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #6 on: 30 Mar 2003, 20:22:33 »
never felt they were any good for Submitting
I bet 9/10 of mission buiders feel that way. I do. I've made dozens of missions and only 2 months ago submitted my first one.. and now that I look at it I see lots of places where I should have done something better and I even know a few bugs in it.

You know the Beta testings area is not just for random people to find bugs in your mission, it's more than that. It's there to boost your self-esteem (or tell you the fact straight that your mission really does suck).  :D
What I'm saying is that it's a place to get a sniff about wether or not you should submit the mission as it is if you're not sure of yourself  ;)
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2003, 20:28:50 by Artak »
Not all is lost.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #7 on: 30 Mar 2003, 22:17:20 »
i (nd prooly wolf ::)) never make mision not 4 submiting  ;D

if only dere were more beta testers  :P

*start thinkin - y da hell im sain dat ?

*runs away

::)

LCD OUT
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2003, 22:19:06 by LCD »
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Wolf

« Reply #8 on: 30 Mar 2003, 22:30:27 »
lol
Yea LCD, my main problem most of the time is I have to work with a poor grade computer, which doesn't allow me to do a whole lot of really fancy stuff like use napalm or big scripts with explosions and so on.  ;)

Sol Fire

« Reply #9 on: 30 Mar 2003, 23:22:30 »
those missions i had made i got rid of before i registered on OFPEC

infact i made them before Lustypooh left so the Beta testing area did me no good and i Edit:wasnt!!:Edit registered on any other forum either(still arnt) so all i could do was submit it wich i didnt
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2003, 23:24:41 by Sol Fire »