Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: age  (Read 1169 times)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
IÂ've been active in the "fight" for people under 18 years to join OFPEC staff. And when I just checked the recruiting page just to see how it looked I saw that there wasnÂ't a word about you have to be older than 18 years!! If you must have this stupid rule then you canÂ't just think that everyone should know that you have to be over 18 years! You have to show it too! C what I mean? :-*
« Last Edit: 09 Mar 2003, 11:30:43 by The real Armstrong »

Offline Wolfsbane

• Former Staff
  • Rubber Duckie! Mah rubber duckie!!
    • OFP Editing Center
Re:age
« Reply #1 on: 09 Mar 2003, 15:37:31 »
It may seem a stupid rule, but it's a rule for valid reasons.

We've had poor experiences with people under 18 in the past, and whilst wishing not to tar everyone with the same brush, it's something we need to address.

At the end of the day, if you can present yourself on an application properly, precisely, with excellent grammar and communicative skills, I see no reason why you shouldn't be in with a chance of being hired.

However, many under 18's have educational commitments, or otherwise, and cannot spare the time for the hours that OFPEC requires, and this is different from someone at say, 22 in Uni or College, in that they are at a more responsible level of control with regards to how their time is spent, but to have someone whom is sacrificing their studying hours to review Missions or Addons or whatever else, is simply not on.

We make that call on the best interests of the individuals concerened, and it shall not change as a standpoint rule, but we shall see how it goes if someone would like to apply.
The greatest days, with the greatest people.. OFPEC.. The friends are never forgot.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:age
« Reply #2 on: 09 Mar 2003, 15:58:19 »
So you are telling me that if I "act" like if I was over 18 I can get a job? :D

About the time. Well, IÂ've got time enough. I think I can review about 1-3 missions/week, if I choose that job of course(and if I get that job of course) :D.