Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Armed HMMWV  (Read 6213 times)

Hellfish6.2

Re:Armed HMMWV
« Reply #15 on: 06 Mar 2003, 04:41:42 »
I like those Hummers a lot, but they had stolen textures from Maac and Marfy. Best part about the add-ons was that there were all the popular unarmed versions, like the squad carrier and whatnot. Only ones that seemed to be missing were the medic and communications HMMWVs.

It's a shame... I did like those Hummers. I wish he hadn't stolen the textures.

medic23

« Reply #16 on: 06 Mar 2003, 05:25:33 »
i know its fuc*ed up but so what if he took some textures. i thought everybody in the ofp community was cool with that, but i guess in the real world its a fuc*ed up thing

jahallo

« Reply #17 on: 06 Mar 2003, 13:14:36 »
i know its fuc*ed up but so what if he took some textures. i thought everybody in the ofp community was cool with that, but i guess in the real world its a fuc*ed up thing

Dude Maac and Marfy did al lot of hard work on those textures! And the author of the Hummers used those textures without asking the Lavos-team permission. Well I don't know about you but if someone were to steal my hard work without giving me any credit whatsoever, I would be EXTREMELY angry! He could have just asked, and if he were to do that, im sure Lavos would have given him permission to use their textures, which would make the addon totally legit.

But i think i did hear something about a desertpack by the same author on another forum (I believe it was the official one) and that he would include the hummers in that one, but don't quote me on that!

Arch.

Vixer

« Reply #18 on: 06 Mar 2003, 13:36:32 »
dunno if you guys still remember this one in the works at desert ofp project so i took a screenshot of it

suchey

« Reply #19 on: 06 Mar 2003, 16:13:20 »
I know that Mac & Marfy are waiting on compatibility for missle launches from wheeled vehicles, however, even a single HUMVEE addon with a mounted machine gun would be MOST welcome.  Sure a TOW version would be kick ass, but who knows when BIS will get around to making this possible (if at all).  Even a single armed version would be a great addition for OFP.   I think the OFP community would welcome a woodland armed version even if TOWS are currently unavailable....in fact, I would go so far as to say that it would be a VERY popular addon.  There are a couple of versions out there, but all seem to be desert...a high quality textured woodland machine gun HUMVEE would kick serious butt.  

admiralducksauce

« Reply #20 on: 06 Mar 2003, 16:40:50 »
I did hear back from quakergamer.  He was kind enough to allow me to continue work on converting his armed Hummers to woodland and fixing up some of the geometry and stuff.  There is a "TOW" Humvee, but it fires a "bullet" that explodes.  It's not a true missile, but in play I find it really doesn't matter.  :)   The shot's slowed down so it feels like a slower projectile.

Offline Lt_Phoenix

• Members
« Reply #21 on: 06 Mar 2003, 19:13:45 »
I like those Hummers a lot, but they had stolen textures from Maac and Marfy. Best part about the add-ons was that there were all the popular unarmed versions, like the squad carrier and whatnot. Only ones that seemed to be missing were the medic and communications HMMWVs.

It's a shame... I did like those Hummers. I wish he hadn't stolen the textures.

That business was settled ages ago. If not ofp-zone wouldn't put the DL link back up.
Head over to thel link at the bottom of page 1 in this topic and enjoy ;D

BTW lookin forward to a woodland version
« Last Edit: 06 Mar 2003, 19:14:49 by Lt_Phoenix »
In memory of Police Chief Inspector Arne Sigve Klungland 1950 - 2004
Killed in the line of duty 5. April 2004

Check out the new Norwegian Forces Studio's temporary site at: http://marsuitor.tripod.com/mmb/

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #22 on: 06 Mar 2003, 20:36:16 »
If BIS update the game engine than a Tow mounted Hummer would be nice but a hellfire version would really rock ;)

admiralducksauce

« Reply #23 on: 06 Mar 2003, 22:15:48 »
I've put up a Beta testing thread for the armed woodland humvees that I'm working on, based on quakergamer's desert-camo armed humvees.

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=43;action=display;threadid=7058

The download link is available there, and I'll post it here too.  It's a little over 1Mb, so be warned.

http://potatohed.com/ads_humr.zip

Offline Lt_Phoenix

• Members
« Reply #24 on: 09 Mar 2003, 16:34:34 »
OK. FCF's page seems to be working again.

You can head over to their page and DL their desert pack, wHich include some good armed HMMWV's (M249, M2, M60 + open and cargo versions):

http://www.fcfclan.cjb.net/

BTW ADS, tried out your Woodland HMMWV's. Lookin good :D
Maybe you can ask FCF if you can make woodland versions of their HMMWV's too

Check out the new Norwegian Forces Studio's temporary site at: http://marsuitor.tripod.com/mmb/

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #25 on: 10 Mar 2003, 02:18:51 »
Hey Lt. I looked for the HMMWVs but couldn't find them, are they in a pack?

Offline Lt_Phoenix

• Members
« Reply #26 on: 10 Mar 2003, 18:00:20 »
They're supposed to be there. Have u tried them ingame?
Look under Cars (Desert) in the editor

admiralducksauce

« Reply #27 on: 10 Mar 2003, 19:22:56 »
Those things are works of art.  Great work to all the FCF people who worked on them!

CrunchyFrog

« Reply #28 on: 11 Mar 2003, 02:42:37 »
Vixer, are you planning a woodland version of that M113?

Vixer

« Reply #29 on: 11 Mar 2003, 06:59:01 »
no