Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Facile Ground  (Read 28736 times)

Sol Fire

Re:Free Pr0n!
« Reply #60 on: 06 Mar 2003, 00:46:42 »
i only found 1 bug when i played

the last camera it shows before the text "Mission Accomplished" show up is out at sea

if you want my score how do i put it in the post?
(Not the Attatchment)  ???

i havnt needed to do this so its obvious i wouldnt know how

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #61 on: 06 Mar 2003, 06:33:23 »
Ah ha!

I know what's causing that! At last...
It's the same reason that sometimes the radio calls from "Command" don't show up during the couter attack...

I've got a west unit on an island where the player can't get to. This is the unit I use for creating groups, and for talking as "Command". For some reason when you reload the mission (hit the retry button), this unit seems to have dissapeared, as the radio messages don't show up...

Now in the Mission Accomplished scene, tanks are created in his group, then put to another group. When he doesn't exist, these tanks aren't created (as there is no pre-existing group for createunit to work with). The camera position is adjusted relative to the tanks (which half the time don't exist), which is why you end up with a camera view of the sea instead of a tank column...

So it looks like all I need to do is stop the guy from disappearing... ::)

Thanks for your input, Sol Fire

asmodeus

« Reply #62 on: 06 Mar 2003, 08:23:57 »
I just got the new version to be sure and will be back soon!

;D

Asmo

*EDIT**

OK>..  I'm back!

I noticed a spelling error right before the Russian counter-attack:

"....co-ordinated infantry maneuver"

Also, the counter-attack didn't happen for me!!   :o   Seriously... I sat there forever and nothing happened...  Ran around, stopped for awhile.. Nothin...

So I took the bus for a ride and got a message that I was going too far away, started to turn back and then the mission failed b4 I could do anything else!   :-\

I shall try it again in case it's just a fluke.   ;)

I like all other changes I've seen!   :D  The improvements are great!
 ;D

Asmo
« Last Edit: 06 Mar 2003, 11:28:26 by Asmodeus »

Mandible

« Reply #63 on: 08 Mar 2003, 21:54:23 »
hi,

I got that strange no attck too. But I got it a litte different: the attack started before and during the cutscene with Echo dead, and there was nothing left after the cutscene ended but 1 T72 (luckily i didn't get killed.) the M1a1 took care of it.

[edit]

-the attack starts allright now, but 1 bmp coming down, destroyed

-2 T72 coming down, destroyed

-2 BMP from west, destroyed (Radiomsg "Whole platoon + dig in" shown for 2nd time as well

ok figured out why there was no true counterattack nor ending. shot a grenade at one BMP t see if it was destroyed and was shot about 30 times before dying by some soldiers standing in the hill. guess they didn't have the courage t advance...
what a pain to see them all...
...what da... T72 coming from south shot me and M113
-after 2 hours of play (with timeouts) 2 T72, infanty, helis
there is defenitely soething wrong in timing lol
-got the same error as LCD and this W/O old version in dir

score: can't really say coz I took out sparce soldiers with M113 on my own so it's pretty high (but irrealistic, I would get much less)

otherwise one of the best missions I've ever played
« Last Edit: 09 Mar 2003, 00:28:02 by Mandible »

asmodeus

« Reply #64 on: 11 Mar 2003, 04:56:16 »
Ok, I played it again a few times and I'm ashamed to say I can't make it past the initial assault on the town!  

I've died in quite a few interesting ways:

Gunshot to the head by a guy in a bush farrr away

Hand grenade from an unkown assailant (the death camera doesn't work for grenades)

Propelled grenade twice from out of nowhere

Got run over by my M113

And I got shot by one of my own guys!

Hrmf..   ::)  The gods are against me on this one tonight..   :o   :P

I'll try again when I don't have these ghosts with grenades following me!   ;)   ;D  

Here's a couple things I noticed so far though:

you remember the ... at the first right?   ;)

have you seen the updated dust script? (looks better IMO)

I was thinking it'd be cool to have some engineers come over and "fix" the M1A1 during the mine marking part.  (would explain the reason for the change in the next cutscene)   ;)

Is there a reason that you have an officer in the squad other than the player?  Is there also a reason he has binocs??  (makes him move around slower if I forget to take them away)

I'll talk to you later!   :D

Asmo

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #65 on: 12 Mar 2003, 10:20:13 »
Thanks for the continued feedback guys :D

I've been a bit too busy with real life of late to do any OFP editing, but I'm making progress to addressing those issues, and to get the intro up and running :)

Hopefully, the next version (with the intro) shouldn't be too far away...

asmodeus

« Reply #66 on: 13 Mar 2003, 22:00:26 »
Yeah, R.L. can really get in the way sometimes..   ;)

I played this again and the counter attack did work!  

As a matter of fact, it worked really well.   ::)   ;)  

I died a lot!   ;D

Then my friend came over and wanted to play.  

Let him try it from my save point (he doesn't like to wait through the first part) and he finished it, but w/ a mission failed.  (the town was overrun) I think his points were very low (800 or somethin) cause he only got 5 kills or somethin..  

Oh yeah, when the battle was halfway over, kept getting lots of error messages that said _name killer _name player... somethin somethin...   ::)  (It disappeared too fast)  

Was that the error everyone else was talking about?  (got the impression the one they were getting was at the end)

Talk to you l8r
 :)
Asmo

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFP Editing Center Toad
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #67 on: 15 Mar 2003, 22:06:02 »
Oh yeah, when the battle was halfway over, kept getting lots of error messages that said _name killer _name player... somethin somethin...   ::)  (It disappeared too fast)  

The error your talking about is this...

Looks like either an onplayerdeath script the uses the killed eventhandler or another script that uses the killed eventhandler.

Also one minor thing about one of the cutscenes..why are the soldiers in the background pointing their weapons at the officers head. If I were the officer I would be pissed.

One thing that really bugged me....I died repetedly after entering the town when grenades would magically spawn beneath my feet. This was really annoying as there were no enemies left in the town. One time I was in the attic of a building and a grenade blew up below me and injured me.

It didn't make any sense.  ???
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2003, 22:08:43 by toadlife »
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

asmodeus

« Reply #68 on: 16 Mar 2003, 00:23:20 »
Ahhh!!

I died repetedly after entering the town when grenades would magically spawn beneath my feet.

Mebbe that explains some of these deaths?  

Hand grenade from an unkown assailant (the death camera doesn't work for grenades)

Propelled grenade twice from out of nowhere

They really did seem to come out of nowhere when I should have been safe.  (Thought I was just unlucky)   ::)

Asmo

P.S>  Yep, that's the error Toadlife!   ;D  (quick reaction for the screeny eh?)   ;)
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2003, 00:25:40 by Asmodeus »

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #69 on: 16 Mar 2003, 06:55:29 »
And then, I got hit 15!!! times by a grenade! After I cleared the city and then was moving to a med tent there. I got hit by the first time. I thought that it was just another ruskie in a bush. Then it happened again and again and again.... And everytime that happened a hint sayd that the objective was complete. AFTER I got killed!

Hawki,
That happens (the grenade) when your LT dies before you take Larche. However, there seems to be a problem sometimes, with him jumping out of the jeep for no particular reason (and dying)...
I've known about this (very little) problem for a while, and I'm looking into it.

;D

This pissed me off too. :P ;D

Hawki

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #70 on: 16 Mar 2003, 09:42:25 »
Yeah... sorry about that guys :o

Believe it or not, those two bugs are closely related (inbred first cousins ;D).

Also, they are both FIXED in the latest version... ;D
At last!!! At last!!!!
They were very much annoying me as well (as I couldn't work out why they were going wrong).

I've tweaked the eventhandler code so it is never passed a string (as 4/10 times it would throw that error up), and put extra checks on the grenade action, so you won't get it unless you really deserve it (hint: keep your Lieutenant alive until the counter attack... though in the new version he stays back a long way)

Anyway, I'm just polishing up the intro a bit... the next version will hopefully be out tomorrow (if I can find the time... trying to get employed y'know ;)). Failing that, later this week.

Thanks for playing :)

The Avon Lady

« Reply #71 on: 16 Mar 2003, 10:21:57 »
For a start, those of you looking for free pr0n won't be happy... that was just a cheap marketing tactic to get you all in here
I wish you would change the subject line. "Pr0n" is one of the words in my email junklist filter. So I've discovered I'm never receiving any notification of new posts on this thread. LOL ::)

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
Re:Free errr... Nothing! Nothing is free...
« Reply #72 on: 16 Mar 2003, 11:03:54 »
Uh oh... we can't have that then! ;D

I knew my moronic sense of humour would backfire eventually... ::) ;)

The Avon Lady

Re:Free errr... Nothing! Nothing is free...
« Reply #73 on: 16 Mar 2003, 11:28:58 »
LOL! Message received in my inbox loud and clear!

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #74 on: 20 Mar 2003, 05:05:14 »
Update...

I've just put the finishing touches on the latest version, including the intro ;)

However...

Also, the counter-attack didn't happen for me!!   :o   Seriously... I sat there forever and nothing happened...  Ran around, stopped for awhile.. Nothin...

Playing it just now that happened to me, Asmo mate... :(
I had a whole heap of officers run down the hill at me, but no tanks and no infantry squads

I've worked out what it is, but I don't know why it happens or how to fix it.
There seem to be some serious issues if the Retry button is hit more than once... units disappearing etc.

I fear I may have to delay the release a bit until I sort this critical issue out...