Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Facile Ground  (Read 28701 times)

Sol Fire

Re:Free errr... Nothing! Nothing is free...
« Reply #75 on: 20 Mar 2003, 06:30:19 »
lol i got that almost all the time on the 1985 Campaign when i decided to play it again...  the Video's of Guba running his mouth just panned around his house.. couldnt see him/Angelina  or Nicholles in any of those and i have no idea why the hell something like that would happen plus i kept getting in trouble with Blake for no reason  >:(

but thats got nothing to do with this.. now that i got Res working again i'll check this out again
 ;)

Sol Fire

« Reply #76 on: 20 Mar 2003, 08:14:28 »
LOL!!!

i was playing and someone logged on MSN so i ALT+Tab like i usually do to see who it was and if i wanted to talk to them or not and when i go back into the game all the Tents are gone!!

funny!

nothing wrong with the mission though think it was just a bug with my game

going to re-play it again and this time go through the whole thing!

Ace

« Reply #77 on: 20 Mar 2003, 18:21:17 »
quicknote :

I liked the intro bt aything I could say it has already been said and that goes for most other things too.

after clearing the mine-feild (good scripting there) i get a load of orders throught he radio which half of I missed and then all my group ran of to fight someone!

My M113 was moving very slowly so I ordered the driver out and drove myself

But i didn't know where to go and other a minute i gt a mission failure?

Bit strange, mabe some voices would be nice, at least just for radio commands.

BTW : My name in-game is Anal-beard, so every time someoe adresed me it was "Sergeant Anal beard" LOL!
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2003, 18:22:34 by Ace »

Sol Fire

« Reply #78 on: 20 Mar 2003, 19:50:58 »
Ok this bugs me..

when i try to play the mission again i have a Restart button and a Continue button.. i press Restart and it sends me back to main menu i press Continue and it Crashes my game!  >:(

guess i  got to delete the mission and put it back in

Sol Fire

« Reply #79 on: 20 Mar 2003, 21:28:08 »
played it again seen only 2 problems

the Error Toadlife shown and the last cam that Black's out and says Mission Accomplished still starts out to Sea

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #80 on: 21 Mar 2003, 01:24:59 »
Right... bugger it, I can't think up a fix (except a work around which I would much rather avoid).

Hopefully it only happens if you retry 6 or 8 times (as I did ;D).

New version is up, please find it at the first post in this thread.
Changes include:
  • Intro
  • 'Ghost' Grenade bug resolved
  • Nasty on Lieutenant death error message resolved (I removed the stupid code...)
  • End cutscene camera out to sea error resolved
  • Min/avg/Max scores implemented
Thanks again for the continued feedback everybody :)
Any further input is greatly appreciated...

Gameer_77

« Reply #81 on: 21 Mar 2003, 17:15:57 »
Try it tonight or tommorow.

Gameer

Sol Fire

« Reply #82 on: 21 Mar 2003, 20:47:45 »
i love the new Intro only seen one mess up in that

the Officer watching the choppers is facing DOWN the hill looking at the ground

going to go finish playing it now

be back in a bit

Gameer_77

« Reply #83 on: 21 Mar 2003, 22:29:07 »
Just finished the mission. ;D

I love the new intro, very good and action-packed :D

But anyway, in the mission itself there was a very big bug:

After I had cleared the mines, we started rolling again but when we did the M1A1 hit a mine, i guess, and was destroyed (Well, the guys got out).

The other tanks went round them and we kept going, but the cutscene with the guy at the OP didn't start. Also, there was no time for us to get organised before the attack.

And it was more difficult. ;)

Never-the-less, we took and held the town, despite major losses.

It was great fun, again, but i noticed the frame-rates were worse.... :(

Mebbe you could delete everything at the base when your attacking the village as your not likely to be back there again.  You can do it easily with a trigger and thislist. :)

Just a suggestion. ;)

Good work. ;D

Gameer

Sol Fire

« Reply #84 on: 21 Mar 2003, 22:49:00 »
i didnt Experience what Gameer did but i did get a camera bug... the cutscene that started after the minefeild started in a bush before it switched over to the jeep and the guys started flappin his jaw

also seen something very odd.. i looked at my gunner in the m113 and to my surprise someone at the recruiting office messed up cause its GUBA!!!
of all the people im stuck with Guba!!! ;D

not finished yet so brb when i am

Sol Fire

« Reply #85 on: 21 Mar 2003, 23:17:24 »
well everything went fine.. sorry man but im still getting the cam out at Sea!

starts at sea then moves higher up away from the water then blacks out and says Mission Accomplished but everything else was fine other then a miner fix on the intro with the officer looking down the hill instead of at the choppers

all in all this is a Great mission and i Highly reccomend people check it out!

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #86 on: 22 Mar 2003, 02:37:45 »
Thanks guys, sounds like there are still some issues to be worked out...

the Officer watching the choppers is facing DOWN the hill looking at the ground
Thank you... I'll fix that up ;)

After I had cleared the mines, we started rolling again but when we did the M1A1 hit a mine, i guess, and was destroyed (Well, the guys got out).
Yes... :-/ I had that bug too recently... I'm working on a way to move the mines off the road before the tank goes through (You cant' setpos or deletevehicle mines unfortunately)

That must have been damn good work to hold Larche without that Abrams! :o

also seen something very odd.. i looked at my gunner in the m113 and to my surprise someone at the recruiting office messed up cause its GUBA!!!
Ah ha! ;D ;D

well everything went fine.. sorry man but im still getting the cam out at Sea!
Righto.. I think that may have been due to not losing any of your guys. Your group was too full create more units (as this happens in the end cutscene). The issue is now resolved, thanks ;)

Thanks for the help guys... looks like there will be one more revised issue released before I consider this mission properly tested :)

[edit]
Oh yeah, one more comment. About deleting the Airbase... I always have done since the first version. The good ole "deletevehicle _x" foreach thislist trick, in a trigger which is activated twice (to get rid of the crew in vehicles) ;)
Not too sure how much that really improves performance though... ahh well...
[/edit]
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2003, 02:41:37 by Sui »

asmodeus

« Reply #87 on: 22 Mar 2003, 05:54:05 »
Hey Sui!   :)

I checked this newest version out!
 ;)
Good stuff!   :o  ;D  

Intro:

Good use of sounds, map feature, fonts, animations, extra details and camera scripting!  

One thing that you probably don't have much control over was that the camera is jumpy when focused on the choppers...

Also, when Cpt Devaul is first talking to me, he wasn't facing me.  (this was the first time I tried it, 2nd time he did look at me)   ::)

Oh yeah, the sound during the slo-mo where the choppers where getting attacked was way too loud and sounded weird...  

I think it would add a lot to have some music start during the "map" part of the intro. (which is realllllllllly cool btw)   ;)

Mission:

Everything went fine except for one error message.  

*EDIT*

I got that error message right when the Russians started attacking Larche, I think..

*EDIT*

I got the medics this time and that was funny!   ;D lol

I think during the defense of the town, my tanks should move around a bit maybe..  It bugs me that the M1A1 just sits there and lets the T72's kill it every time.   ;)  (even though I made a valiant attempt to take care of them quickly)

****Don't read below if you don't want to know details about the mission*****

This time I tried a few small tricks that increased my ability to beat this mission..  I didn't get a lot of kills, but here's my stats:

http://home.earthlink.net/~asmodeus213/facilestats.jpg

I used the FN-FAL and it was much better with that..  Also I found that setting up my guys in a certain way provided the best defense after I had prevented the attack from the West.  Check this pic:

http://home.earthlink.net/~asmodeus213/bestdefense.jpg

(I brightened up this pic a bit and stuff)   ;)

This is a great mission Sui!  Had lots of fun and even though the Lt died, I beat it!   ;D  

Are you going to do an outro soon?   ;)  

I didn't have any other errors!  

Talk to you later!  :beat:

Asmo
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2003, 05:57:09 by Asmodeus »

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #88 on: 22 Mar 2003, 07:25:37 »
Thanks for the feedback Asmo :)

I'll take all those intro issues under advisement... I think I can fix most of them fairly easily (I like the music idea)

Hmm.. I'm not too happy about that error... it's a problem related to the other error message that kept popping up...
Now it's complaining because it's getting a string instead of an object... I'm not too sure how the Lieutenant's killer can be a string, but oh well :)

Cunning tactics there... camping inside the town ;D

I like the FN-FAL much better than the M16 also (I generally pick it up). 7.62mm packs a lot more punch ;)

Thanks for playing again, I wasn't going to add any outros until I released the mission properly, but since I have to do another version anyway I might just put the loose one in there...
I've got a few good ideas for some classy action shots ;)

Sol Fire

« Reply #89 on: 22 Mar 2003, 07:34:53 »
hmm.. maybe i should send a few guys to die and see if i still get the cam out at sea..

Maybe Next time  ;D ;D

i think an Outro would be pretty cool too
anyway Great job Sui.. hope to see more ;)