Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Facile Ground  (Read 28727 times)

deaddog

Re:Free errr... Nothing! Nothing is free...
« Reply #135 on: 12 Jun 2003, 03:23:30 »
Hey Sui,

I really have nothing to add after playing this mission other than it was fun and I had no problems at all (or lag).  Of course, everything has pretty much been covered by now.  ;D  I thought you might want another score.  Can't have too many.  :)

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #136 on: 12 Jun 2003, 11:43:18 »
Thanks deaddog...

You can never have too much beta testing ;)

Knut Erik

« Reply #137 on: 23 Jun 2003, 00:47:25 »
!!!Bug Warning!!!

I downloaded the newest version to check out the outros. Very great, however I found a bug.

You know when the RPG soldier is supposed to shoot the ammo truck?
Well, he don't do it somethimes. I had to watch the whole outro FOUR times before he took a shot...  :-\

(Happy to see that you added my name to the Credits.)

Offline .pablo.

• Former Staff
  • When in doubt, empty the magazine.
« Reply #138 on: 23 Jun 2003, 05:47:21 »
im playin it now for the first time

a couple t72s came in from the sw, apaches took them out; now nothing is happening.  i waited a couple mins but i still dont know what im supposed to do.  i went and tried to look for any surviving ruskies but a message popped up saying to stay in the town.  what do i do?

and how did you get that nice fire/smoke effect in larche on the shilka?  it looked really cool...
« Last Edit: 23 Jun 2003, 07:13:53 by pablom123 »

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #139 on: 23 Jun 2003, 12:17:54 »
Hmm... I thought I'd fixed that, Erik :(

Oh well... thanks for playing again... I'll put in (another) fail safe so he shoots all the time...
It's so hard to find good stuntmen these days who do what they're told every time... ::) ;D

Thanks for playing pablom :)

I think you've got the same bug as SpeedyDonkey did, with guys running away but it not registering the fact that they're running away (normally that should trigger the ending...).
Anyway, I'm going to put a trigger in which will pop them off if they get too far away, which should sort out that problem.

As far as the release goes, I'm getting there. All parts are filled except for two minor ones, and the voice files are coming in nicely.
I've put the ones in that I have already and I have to say I'm very pleased with the result. It really adds a lot more to the mission (especially since I was lucky enough to come across some very good voice actors :D).

[size=0.5]Edit: Oops... sorry almost forgot...[/size]

Oh, the smoke/fire effects?

They are just the BIS fire/smoke effect scripts (admittedly slightly modified). I'd imagaine you'll be able to find them running around the net somewhere... ;)
If you can't, give us a yell and I'll attach my versions...
« Last Edit: 23 Jun 2003, 12:22:28 by Sui »

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #140 on: 20 Sep 2003, 10:00:30 »
Halleujah! Praise the Rold!!! :D

At long (long long looooong) last I've managed to get the finishing touches put on this mission.
Organising so many voices took me a long time, but I feel I managed to get a very talented cast together in the end (apart from myself... I really need some acting lessons ;D).

Anyway, the Release Version is now available at the Missions Depot.

I'd like to take this final opportunity to thank everyone who helped me out in this thread. You all really made a huge difference in the level this mission managed to get to...

I also am very thankful for my great voice actors. I was quite literally astounded at the talent some of those guys had!
Anyway, if you're of the mind, please check it out. It took me a long time, but I managed to get there in the end ;D
« Last Edit: 29 Apr 2009, 00:24:32 by Walter_E_Kurtz »