Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Facile Ground  (Read 28726 times)

The Avon Lady

Re:Free errr... Nothing! Nothing is free...
« Reply #120 on: 07 Apr 2003, 10:27:14 »
/wrong thread

/avon bangs head on head shouting stupid stuipd stupid
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2003, 11:16:56 by The Avon Lady »

asmodeus

« Reply #121 on: 07 Apr 2003, 11:13:51 »
hey Avon!
 ;D
I believe this post belongs in regina prelorium??   :o   :P

Asmo

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #122 on: 07 Apr 2003, 16:37:39 »
I can't tell you how flattered I am that one of my missions was confused for one of Sui's  ;D

Thanks Asmo, I've seen it.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

The Avon Lady

« Reply #123 on: 07 Apr 2003, 16:47:56 »
I can't tell you how flattered I am that one of my missions was confused for one of Sui's  ;D
Save it. I confused TOPIC REPLY emails - not missions. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #124 on: 08 Apr 2003, 00:48:49 »
LOL....

You lot had me all excited there... I thought someone had some more feedback on my mission ;D

Ps: Macca, I'm way overrated ;)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #125 on: 08 Apr 2003, 01:29:37 »
I know, I was just being polite

;D ;D ;D ;)
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Sol Fire

« Reply #126 on: 08 Apr 2003, 07:52:07 »
Well played again and.. i noticed when you added the intro..

in the mission there is a bus

in the intro it isnty there, Is this supposed to be?!

also i sent some of my men off on a Suicide Mission and im happy to say the cam didnt start at sea anymore  ;D

i think the LT. hiding IN a building makes it too easy to keep him alive

still have a Guba Gunner.. maybe you should setface the gunner of the m113 so it isnt Guba cause this Disturbs me  ;)

no errors, kinda sad you changed the "Zues" stuff for something so.. so... Simple but its all good

didnt get to see outro loose cause the Lt. didnt get killed. maybe i'll play again and before the counterattack push him out of the building into the open so he gets shot   :P

no lag in any way, shape or form

i almost didnt think the mission would end after the counter attack some men snuck past the town and ended up way  down close to where the minefeild is(choppers found them)

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #127 on: 08 Apr 2003, 09:14:05 »
Righto, since people seem to still be interested (well... Sol Fire still is ;D Thanks mate), I'm going to post a link to the 'revised final beta' version.

Only one change really, I took the counter-attack waypoints off sync, and made them all time dependant. I'm happy to say this makes the mission much, much more reliable, and due to the spacing, much, much easier ;)

So if you feel like you were a bit hard done by playing before (due to tanks running over mines that were already defused, or due to the counter-attack being far too nasty, or whatever), and you can be bothered sitting through all the beginning cutscenes again, try this version out.

I'm finally prepared to say that I'm happy with this version, as in all the times I've tested it, I've never found a critical bug. The counterattack always works, the tanks never run over mines (as the mines are now moved). The only problem is, the Lieutenant doesn't seem to want to go into his building any more... ahh well ;D

Oh, one more thing I did change. The medic in your platoon is now on a support waypoint, so he will respond to "Medic! Position..." calls. The really classy thing is he jumps in his jeep to go to them :)
No scripting required, he does it automatically as part of the support waypoint...

So anyway, if anyone is interested in a version that actually completely works, grab it here.

Thanks again for your help everybody... you're all the reason this mission is now working, instead of buggering up every 10 times it's run :)

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #128 on: 08 Apr 2003, 09:23:40 »
Just to address some points:

in the mission there is a bus

in the intro it isnty there, Is this supposed to be?!

Yeap. I needed a bit more cover on the SW side of the town... so I just added it in there as it's nice and big :)
It's still drivable, so you can move it around if it's in the way ;D

still have a Guba Gunner.. maybe you should setface the gunner of the m113 so it isnt Guba cause this Disturbs me  ;)

hehe... it's supposed to be like that ;D
I actually define the gunners name/face/voice/etc. in the description.ext

didnt get to see outro loose cause the Lt. didnt get killed. maybe i'll play again and before the counterattack push him out of the building into the open so he gets shot   :P

You don't need to get your Lt. killed to get the lose outro... (though it will trigger if you are the one that kills him ;)).
You can also still win the mission if your Lt. dies.
The only thing the lieutenant's death will change is the dialog on the radio at the end of the mission... unless of course you are the one to kill him :)

Thanks for playing again, Sol Fire. Hope you enjoyed yourself :)

Sol Fire

« Reply #129 on: 10 Apr 2003, 04:31:52 »
i sure did

having Guba as gunner is actually pretty funny since your going against the Soviets..

i'll be sure to have another look at this Wonderful mission

The Avon Lady

« Reply #130 on: 04 Jun 2003, 09:38:13 »
It would be a pity not to see this mission finalized. :-\

asmodeus

« Reply #131 on: 04 Jun 2003, 11:09:14 »
I have a feeling that you won't be disappointed Avon.   ;)

(I know something you don't know!)   :P   ;)  j/k

Asmo

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #132 on: 04 Jun 2003, 11:24:32 »
Fear not, Great Lady...

I'm just rounding up all the voice files... there are a HELL of a lot of them, so it's taking time ;)

It shall be done, oh yes... it shall be done... ;D

Maybe not this month though...

SpeedyDonkey

« Reply #133 on: 11 Jun 2003, 20:11:04 »
Hi all! I just downloaded this and well it's great. Nice Cutscene and all :D The only problem i have is that i cant get the mission to end.

I shoot down some T72Â's and apparently i get some air support from two AH64 choppers. They fly around with out fireing at anything, probably because there isn't any enemy left. So i turn 4x speed on and wait a few minutes but nothing happens so i decide to run up that "hill" and take a look. I find nothing and decided to carry on my searching. What do i get? Nothing instead they start whining and told me to stay in the center of the village...

I get back and wait untill i got bored, saved and quit the whole game  :P

Im pretty sure i've done something wrong and causing this little "bug" I just dont know what it is...

Oh and i dont know if this has been mentioned before, sorry im too tierd to read nine pages right now ::)

SpeedyDonkey

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #134 on: 12 Jun 2003, 00:57:19 »
Thanks for playing, SpeedyDonkey

I have to admit, that's almost happened to me a couple of times... normally the choppers mop up remaining infantry if they stop attacking.

I'll definately look into it, maybe add a trigger to stop the east retreating towards St. Louis (as they most often do), and check my fleeing conditions.
Thanks for the report (I don't blame you for not wanting to read 9 pages of thread... she's getting pretty long ;D)