Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: I'm getting a minidump problem!  (Read 1783 times)

Banacek

I'm getting a minidump problem!
« on: 23 Feb 2003, 21:03:10 »
didn't know exactly where to ask this question, but here it is: Has anyone experienced (during gameplay) operation flashpiont going to a black screen, restarting the computer, then after loading to windows, getting the message "the computer has recovered from a serious error: minidump..." etc.?

I've only started recieving this error during play. My theories are one of the following: video card settings, new addon I've added (not sure which one), and I've upgraded to vs. 1.91.

if anyone has experienced this problem, or has read somewhere about it, I'd appreciate some help/advice.

thanks

Kaliyuga

Re:I'm getting a minidump problem!
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2003, 21:13:46 »
 Hmm.....  I'd try a search of the Avon Lady's FAQ   as it does a pretty fair  job at troubleshooting ...

But you'd probably have better luck at the official forums.... they're forced to deal with all the bugs and such over there..... so I'm pretty sure you'd be able to find something there....

One thing I always do with unknown error messages is go to a search engine like www.google.com  and just type your error in there...  

You'll find something on the problem for sure if you do it that way....

my hunch is that it's graphics card related....  if it were an addon problem your OFP either wouldn't load at all.... or when you tried to preview a mission with that addon in it it would CTD most likely...  

I'm running 1.91 with no probs and haven't really heard of any....

so ... that leaves graphics... or some other prob we're both overlooking ..

Hope you get your OFP back soon ......  

P.S.   you're using XP right? Just another hunch ;)

-EDIT-    Go and read this thread dood .... don't look too good from what I can see so far.....  :-\

http://www.devhood.com/messages/message_view-2.aspx?thread_id=69044
« Last Edit: 23 Feb 2003, 21:21:09 by Kaliyuga »

Banacek

« Reply #2 on: 23 Feb 2003, 21:23:41 »
thanks for the advice. I'll keep trying to tweek thinks and see if I can come up with a solution. I'm curious though, as more addons makers create better addons with better detail, systems will come under more strain. I'm running a gainward 64meg video card and am waiting for the new gforce fx. I've noticed a few more hang-ups as I've downloaded new addons. I'm sure it's my videocard. I've also tried messing with the refresh rates. we'll see. what sucks is when I'm kicking that AI's ass, the comp takes a crap. interesting, as though it knows it's loosing and chooses an alternate end... (cue bios)

thanks again.

Offline Sefe

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 24 Feb 2003, 10:35:58 »
Sorry, we only accept OFP editing related questions in the forum. We don't do tech support in the OFPEC. It may be a good advice to follow Kaliyuga's links because, unfortunately I have to lock this thread.