Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: TOW screenshots: Delta's and weapons  (Read 1784 times)

Tracer

TOW screenshots: Delta's and weapons
« on: 21 Feb 2003, 19:20:15 »
We have some new screenshots of our upcoming Delta's online over at the TOW site ( www.ofp.info/talesofwar ).

Hope y'all like it.  ;D

PunkerSXDX

Re:TOW screenshots: Delta's and weapons
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2003, 00:08:07 »
Looks like you're D-Boys are comming Right along!  :D and they are looking Great, are these guys gonna have Random faces, Camo, Baclavas or what? But they're looking Great None the less  ;)

PFC_Mike

« Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2003, 06:11:34 »
so how do you think they'll compare to the BAS units?

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #3 on: 22 Feb 2003, 09:30:20 »
I honestly Hope TOW and BAS aren't trying to compete with each other.  TOW has done some of the best work out there, I'm a big fan of the Marines, thoes were great, and the Rangers too  :D

Tracer

« Reply #4 on: 22 Feb 2003, 15:38:04 »
so how do you think they'll compare to the BAS units?

BAS Delta's are in woodland and desert and are good, no need for us to make woodland and desert aswell. That is why we are making Jungle Delta's. So why comparing them?

pang

« Reply #5 on: 22 Feb 2003, 17:10:21 »
what happened to your cool seal units?
any updates on those?

PFC_Mike

« Reply #6 on: 22 Feb 2003, 17:24:13 »
you're right, how do the weapons compare? Some of the textures and sounds from BAS were a bit weak. Also, are you going to do iron sights and scopes like Earl. did?

Tracer

« Reply #7 on: 22 Feb 2003, 17:44:36 »
what happened to your cool seal units?
any updates on those?

Well, Wetwork and Frandsen were working on the SEALs, together with the SDV ( mini sub ) and DPV ( desert patrol vehicle ). You probably remember those pictures from the TOW site. Wetwork moved to BAS, but the SEALs were almost done, together with the SDV and DPV. It was just a matter of finishing a few things, fixing the bugs... and the SEALs + both vehicles would be done and ready for release at TOW.

So we finished the Rangers first, and wanted to finish the SEALs after that. Frandsen had all the files, so he send them to us. And here comes the problem:

No DPV, no SDV and no weapons... only the soldier models were inside the .zip. So I emailed Frandsen where all the other files were and he told me to contact Wetwork, he has the other files. So I contacted him and he said Frandsen has everything.

This was getting quite funny. Both didn't know who had the files.  ;D

After a couple of emails Wetwork told me that he still had the SDV and the DPV, but that he is making them for BAS now. No problem for the community of course, the addons will be released anyway, not from TOW, but from BAS.

But im really dissappointed in Wetwork... he promised me when he went to BAS that everything was almost ready and that it was just a matter of fixing the bugs. Then we found out that he is making them from BAS. Im not blaiming BAS for anything, dont worry... its not their fault. I dont want to start another flame war between TOW and BAS in a forum, but im just dissappointed in Wetwork.

I mean... we post pictures on our website from the DPV and SDV and then we figure out that Wetwork changes his mind. ( in case you don't know how they look like, here they are: )

After they are done Wetwork decides something else, although he promised everything was ready for TOW. Im sorry, but i can't do anything about it.

Its not a problem for the community, since the units just switched from TOW to BAS and im not blaiming anyone for this... im only dissappointed in Wetwork. We still have the soldier models, thanks to Frandsen... but we have to make all the weapons and the vehicles again ourselves. So it will take some time before they are done.  :)

Tracer

« Reply #8 on: 22 Feb 2003, 17:47:46 »
you're right, how do the weapons compare? Some of the textures and sounds from BAS were a bit weak. Also, are you going to do iron sights and scopes like Earl. did?

I think Andersgrim and jahve did a great job on the Delta weapons. Also thanks to help from others like Jackal, ( for the M40 ) FlipeR and AKM. ( some parts were made by them ). The Car-15's for example have the same "V-view" ( you know what I mean.. the view when pressing V  ;D ) as in the Delta Force: Black Hawk Down game.

There are new scope views for the sniper rifles aswell. I will make a few pictures and upload them to our site soon, so you all can take a look at the weapons.  ;)

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #9 on: 22 Feb 2003, 22:25:17 »
Sounds like we have a Spy in the OFP community!  >:(  ;D

Ziro

« Reply #10 on: 24 Feb 2003, 19:34:34 »
nah, no spy just bas takign over all our projects....

-ZiRo

Tracer

« Reply #11 on: 24 Feb 2003, 22:03:58 »
ZiRo... as I said... its not BAS fault.  :)