Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Scripting gurus get ur asses in here!! i got an idea for ya  (Read 8433 times)

Sol Fire

Re:Scripting gurus get ur asses in here!! i got an idea for ya
« Reply #15 on: 26 Feb 2003, 06:49:39 »
how about like in the RE movie the only way to kill the zombies are to blow the head off(AKA shoot the head)

this causing the electric brain waves that continue to go on for days to cease to exist causing the Zombie to die and any shots in the chest and stomach only slow it down and in the legs it just causes them to crawl

Sol Fire

« Reply #16 on: 26 Feb 2003, 07:02:02 »
when you have a beta version email me it and i will test it for you and find any and hopefully all things needed to be fixed for ya

also here is an idea.. when the player is injured instead of crawling he can only walk slow and when injured a bit more THEN he crawls and so on.. this way he can get injured and walk slow instead of lay down and crawl wich is very very bad in this case where you might need to get up a flight of stairs to stay alive from a horde of zombies that by crawling you probly cant get up therefore you die

also would be cool so you can be seen better by other players that can help you out that if crawling they might not notice you
 ;)

and be sure to have male AND female players/Zombies so it looks more real

oh and have bycycles around here and there.. atleast its transportation...  ;D

:-\ how does the mission end by the way?

Offline D.murphy man

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: 26 Feb 2003, 17:48:42 »
Well i havent thought of a way to end it yet.

Also i have a lil test mission for MP i can send ya it includes just about most of the scipts and stuff im gonna use.

Sol Fire

« Reply #18 on: 27 Feb 2003, 21:36:35 »
well go ahead and send it or if its not to big message me and attach it to the message

i'd like to tinker with it a while.. also if you want i can make an example mission for you on how we could end the mission

O NEIL... WAKE UP MAN YOU GOT ANY IDEAS??!  :P

anyway i was thinking ending the mission from one of the outer islands with a cutscene or if its single player with the outro loose if the zombies take the island  a Scud launches a nuke at the island but it doesnt kill the zombies... O Neil knows more about cutscenes then me so he could do the cutscene for us if he wants to help

and if the zombies lose and dont take the island it ends showing a cutscene of life going back to normal and the cutscene ends showing more zombies showing up.. that way it leaves the game open for a sequel if it was to be made.. and these 2 cutscenes could leave it open for 2 different sequels.. one where your taking the island back and two where you are defending against them again but this time they are in bigger numbers and alot smarter then last time

just an idea.. but something to end in a win  and lose that would leave it open for sequels if it was to be made

be pretty cool looking too even if a sequel was to follow or not  ;)

Offline D.murphy man

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: 27 Feb 2003, 22:14:50 »
well iv all ready sent it to you after i posted my last post i think i cant remember ill post it to you again and PM you throw this forum too.allso feel free to tinker with it all you like im sure you can do a betta job then me.

P.S.any one intrested in helping us??

Sol Fire

« Reply #20 on: 27 Feb 2003, 22:41:33 »
im not sure about that  :P

im good with missions etc.. but scripting i havnt taken the time and effort to figure all of it out yet

im good with things i learn but i sometimes dont take the time that i really should to learn some of it.. but most of the time if it takes me a while to learn it sticks with me for years if i learn it and memorize it in a day well.. i forget if i dont use it for a week :-[

thats why i prefer to take my time.. i took my time with OFP editor.. at first all i knew right off the bat was how to put in stuff so all i made was mess around missions to learn the maps.. now im setting waypoints triggers etc...
and i took about half a year off from playing OFP and came back about 2 or 3 months ago and now i know more about OFP then i used to

i prefer to learn at my own pace so right now im not into scripting yet but when i learn it then just maybe  ;)

but i will tinker with the scripts and maybe i can find some cool things to do with them but not likely anytime soon if ever i will do a better job

.. damn hotmail has a limited amount of addresses to block so i cant block ALL of my junk mail so i get about 100 in 2 or 3 days its annoying

i got the email

Sol Fire

« Reply #21 on: 27 Feb 2003, 23:08:03 »
thats pretty cool... it looks like its ready for Beta gameplay wise..

you want to test it in Multiplayer?  ;D
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2003, 23:26:58 by Sol Fire »

Sol Fire

« Reply #22 on: 27 Feb 2003, 23:47:12 »
hey murphy want me to find some custom music that would fit in with this mission that you can have play randomly throughout the mission?

Sol Fire

« Reply #23 on: 27 Feb 2003, 23:50:45 »
if you want to test the mission and you have MSN Messenger add me and talk to me with that so i can hear the jingle.. going to see what i can do with the mission so i wont be checking the board very often

if you dont then email me and msn will notify me and i will check back here

im looking for custom music that would be pretty good for this mission instead.. be checking this once in a while

« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2003, 23:57:40 by Sol Fire »

Sol Fire

« Reply #24 on: 28 Feb 2003, 02:50:20 »
 :-\

hello?.....

im all alone?!

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!

Sol Fire

« Reply #25 on: 28 Feb 2003, 03:05:22 »
In Times Where Zombies Rule The Earth I Will Sit And Laugh As All The Pathetic Little People Of Earth Suffer And Die A Horrible Death And When Only One Person Is Left I Will Then Unleash My Wrath Upon the Earth Letting Only This Last One Soul Left To Feel The Pain Of The Earth Shattering And Then I Will Push The Retry Button And Play The Mission Again
                                                                     -Sol Fire

...... i like nukes too much  ;)

......"Scud's.. The Only Way To Go"

ok ok im bored i admit it

hmm..... how about.... nah

Sol Fire

« Reply #26 on: 28 Feb 2003, 03:56:05 »
hey how about adding 1 or 2 zombies on the back roads that someone might travel on.. not the ones out in the boonies that no one would most likely go im thinking back roads like some of the dirt roads and between places that are far apart so you not only have to watch out in towns but also on roads too

also i never seen any ammo crates anywhere i went much less needed them i made it to the escape "Vehicle" with only some grenades i got out of a police truck that sat in the road.. how about adding a pistol and some ammo to a few vehicles along the roads too so its a bit easier to find a gun but not too easy.. probly 2 or 3 cars have a pistol in it and 1 car somewhere hidden or something with a m16, Sniper Rifle and a Revolver in it but this one should be EXTREMELY hard to find

also make a placement radius for the "Transportation" off the island so its never in the same place all the time.. that way you have to search the area a bit to find the thing..

i like a LOT of the stuff you put in here too like some vehicles blocking the roads etc.. but i never did find a gun so add some in misc areas like have some laying on the ground near some bushes (not in crate) or something like that

closer to the escape "vehicle" you get the tougher the enemy should be too.. maybe add some that have a pistol but only 1 clip cause a zombie isnt likely to know how to reload but watching the humans it should notice how to kill..  ;)

Sol Fire

« Reply #27 on: 28 Feb 2003, 04:21:26 »
oh

put "ShowMap 0" in the Description.ext so that you cant look at the map to see where on the map you are

« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2003, 04:22:55 by Sol Fire »

O Neil

« Reply #28 on: 28 Feb 2003, 08:39:49 »
Ahhhhh ! Sorry, you called me ages ago, I seriously thought that I had a say in this thread !!?? WTF is with that? I thought I suggested some ideas...ok, I'll shut up now.

Soz, I didn't read 100% of the last thread, so I may be blunt. ;)

...............NOOOOOOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOOOOOO ! I was just talking to Sol Fire on MSN, it's for Resistance !!!!!!!!!! I DON'T HAVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!

*Hangs himself.

O Neil

PS: That is really getting annoying !!!!!! >:(

O Neil

« Reply #29 on: 28 Feb 2003, 08:50:54 »
*Un-Hangs himself

MSN talk:

"but the Zombie mission me you and Murphy are working on is cold war freindly so if you want to check it out too you can

O Neil says:
So does that mean I can play the mission YOU guys create >?

yeah"

AWSOME !!

So, anyhoo, you can still count me in as the team.....please  :(..... ;)
Just tell me the specifics and I'll get right on to it.

In other news, I reckon,,,,,,,,just forgot......dammit.

O Neil