Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: US 101st. Airborne (WWII) is out !!!  (Read 2898 times)

Offline DrStrangelove

• Members
  • Mr.Creative
Re:US 101st. Airborne (WWII) is out !!!
« Reply #15 on: 15 Feb 2003, 11:50:07 »
I always laugh my a** off when it comes to certain color complains. I mean, where's the big difference between grey and olive in the heat of the action ?

I still remember one of the first versions of ww2 soldiers from (i think) lawrie. There were skinned with realistic colors, but at that time they was no way to change helmets and all that. After DLing i placed all soldiers in a row to see what they looked like. No joke, grey and olive (green) soldiers looked the same from a certain distance. Couldn't tell if they were allied or axis.

In short: color isn't that important (to a certain degree), it all comes down to form. I don't care if a helmet or a bazooka is grey or green, just the shape should be recognizable.

Apart from that, this is all about a wargame where soldiers engage their enemies in combat. They take cover behind trees, bushes and lay down in the mud. Do you really think a uniform, a weapon or a tank would look 100% pure greyish/greenish after 2 days at the front ?
Just watch 'Saving Private Ryan' - it's all dirty and smokey. Recognizing your enemies weapon and helmet is the best one can do in big battles.

My 2 cents. :)
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2003, 12:03:14 by DrStrangelove »