Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: US 101st. Airborne (WWII) is out !!!  (Read 2897 times)

vlada

US 101st. Airborne (WWII) is out !!!
« on: 10 Feb 2003, 00:32:33 »
Guys from the site http://www.ww2ecteam.com released first of their WWII Allied units: US 101st. Airborne. First impression: great. You may download from WWIIEC or from our site  :D

ofp.info

ofp.fighter@quick.cz

Jolly Green Giant

Re:US 101st. Airborne (WWII) is out !!!
« Reply #1 on: 10 Feb 2003, 01:14:17 »
umm....they aren't very realistic.

paratroopers didn't wear leggings.

pertti49

« Reply #2 on: 10 Feb 2003, 02:47:18 »
Good job, only that was wrong is helet is green? should be metallic gray
greetings:pertti49

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #3 on: 10 Feb 2003, 02:47:43 »
You know, dude, don't use them then. They were done from reference pics and everything.

If all you can do is complain, then compain to someone who wants to hear it. Any idea how many hours are spent on each addon and how much we make for the time? Lots, and nothing.

You can, at the least, make some polite criticism instead of just a blunt whine.

Thanks.

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #4 on: 10 Feb 2003, 09:59:59 »
hey they look pretty good i like most of it
except the texture on there uniform should be darker and the helmet should be too
and jolly green is right they shouldnt have leggings.... just like these guys at this car show i went to once they were trying to be 82nd but they wore leggings which looked kinda out considering all the other airborne gear they had on.... ah well not my mod

pertti49

« Reply #5 on: 10 Feb 2003, 13:37:41 »
I think my opinion was made like it should, havent complained nothing, just mentioned whats wrong ;) and like i said very good job!

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #6 on: 10 Feb 2003, 19:51:34 »
Pertii, that wasn't targetted at you.

pertti49

« Reply #7 on: 10 Feb 2003, 21:34:43 »
Ok sorry mate ;)

Astatine

« Reply #8 on: 10 Feb 2003, 21:34:44 »
Im really impressed, the models are top notch, good job guys!

Just another little niggle tho, was the Bazooka really green? Im just wondering cause I thought it was grey???

Otherwise, im personally very impressed with another high qualitly addon from WW2EC

CrunchyFrog

« Reply #9 on: 11 Feb 2003, 00:50:32 »
You know, dude, don't use them then. They were done from reference pics and everything.

If all you can do is complain, then compain to someone who wants to hear it. Any idea how many hours are spent on each addon and how much we make for the time? Lots, and nothing.

You can, at the least, make some polite criticism instead of just a blunt whine.

Thanks.

umm....they aren't very realistic.

paratroopers didn't wear leggings.

Ehm, he gave you constructive critism in the second line...

Jolly Green Giant

« Reply #10 on: 11 Feb 2003, 01:54:28 »

Thanks.

i've never seen a community take more offense over criticism in my life. if you cant handle criticism then you will have a tough time in something like this.

i made a suggestion, but you completely ignored it because i said they weren't very realistic. i never said anything about them being bad. had i said "omg those are ugly they suck" that would be different. i never said that.

and i honestly cant see any whine in my post either. whining would be: "im not using them until you make them 100% super accurate. why cant they be more accurate"

all i said is they were not very accurate.(by very i meant there were small problems, like the leggings and some of the colors) and this addon being from the wwiiec shouldnt you try to get them right?

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #11 on: 11 Feb 2003, 04:53:39 »
Alright, I did over-react but you try reading about 14 posts of pure complaints about the weapons and then on top of them countless people contacting you on MSN to say they suck and we should do better ones, be ashamed of them, etc. That they won't use them because of the weapons. Stuff like that.

When it's been stated I don't know how many times that we have completely new weapons under construction and the current ones are TEMPORARY.

Jolly, I apolagize, I was stressed over weapon complaints when they were complaining without reading further to find out that they are complaining over something already covered and stuff.

FW200

« Reply #12 on: 11 Feb 2003, 15:54:02 »
:) the community isnt against critisism... but we had a lot of people say:
"This sucks"
"you cant do anything right"
"my ten year old sister can do this better than you"
etc etc :) and sometimes people get too much of it.. and some people cant take it anymore when those things happen ;)

But i like that you guys like it :) (claps for Vibes) .. this isnt the last thing from WW2EC.. were all hard at work at various things..  ;)
« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2003, 16:03:16 by FW200 »

GCGoquingco

« Reply #13 on: 12 Feb 2003, 14:02:02 »
Anyone here from WW2EC know the bug about the units all wearing glasses? I hope you could fix them. Even if i change their face texture, it's still there.

btw.
Great pack! hope you could improve it more  ;D

pertti49

« Reply #14 on: 12 Feb 2003, 14:44:25 »
And to all people that dont whant to use this pack besauce u think the weapons "suck" there is always way to modify the cpp file to get the soldiers using example minigun if u all winers like ;)

Offline DrStrangelove

• Members
  • Mr.Creative
« Reply #15 on: 15 Feb 2003, 11:50:07 »
I always laugh my a** off when it comes to certain color complains. I mean, where's the big difference between grey and olive in the heat of the action ?

I still remember one of the first versions of ww2 soldiers from (i think) lawrie. There were skinned with realistic colors, but at that time they was no way to change helmets and all that. After DLing i placed all soldiers in a row to see what they looked like. No joke, grey and olive (green) soldiers looked the same from a certain distance. Couldn't tell if they were allied or axis.

In short: color isn't that important (to a certain degree), it all comes down to form. I don't care if a helmet or a bazooka is grey or green, just the shape should be recognizable.

Apart from that, this is all about a wargame where soldiers engage their enemies in combat. They take cover behind trees, bushes and lay down in the mud. Do you really think a uniform, a weapon or a tank would look 100% pure greyish/greenish after 2 days at the front ?
Just watch 'Saving Private Ryan' - it's all dirty and smokey. Recognizing your enemies weapon and helmet is the best one can do in big battles.

My 2 cents. :)
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2003, 12:03:14 by DrStrangelove »