Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Is there a Repairing engineer?  (Read 2354 times)

Dark Soldier

Is there a Repairing engineer?
« on: 15 Jan 2003, 18:16:04 »
I was trying to do a tank mission with just one tank, no truck and some troopers.
Problem: if my tank gets damaged, what could I do?

Might be a good thing if s.o. could create and engineer that can repair (at least) some parts of a tank (like the f.... barrel that's always down if shot once...).

Note: repair should better not be as fast as at the repair truck, wich is quite irrealistic

STGN

Re:Is there a Repairing engineer?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2003, 21:32:14 »
That woudent be realistik even whit the gun maby a man would be abel to fix a littel on the motor you would need a tank workshop to repair a tank.
STGN

PsyWarrior

« Reply #2 on: 03 Feb 2003, 14:49:05 »
Because repairing at an unmanned truck instantaneously without even getting out is realistic?  ::)

It should be possible to do this with the normal engineer and a script which gradually sets the damage of an object to 0. But to my knowledge, it is impossible to repair only one part of a tank.

=========
PsyWarrior
----------------
End
=========
« Last Edit: 03 Feb 2003, 14:49:30 by PsyWarrior »

mooncaine

« Reply #3 on: 10 Feb 2003, 11:19:31 »
maybe he could fire a weapon that does negative damage? is negative damage possible?

Offline Gen.Iceman

• Members
Re: Is there a Repairing engineer?
« Reply #4 on: 04 Aug 2008, 02:45:17 »
Dont mean to intrude on this topic...but...I was wondering if i could give an engineer the abilities of a repair truck...i am using crew restrictions so the engineer cant actually use the tank ,get hit,hop out and repair the thing...but rather he would be nessacary in the field...I know this isn't realistic i guess.. but neither is a helopad farp that repairs vehicles...  people repair vehicles, objects dont... ie. helopad  ,so in a sense this would be more realistic than a FARP mabey??...

Ice

Offline Mock360

• Members
Re: Is there a Repairing engineer?
« Reply #5 on: 04 Aug 2008, 04:51:38 »