Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: credit to the right persons  (Read 446 times)

Offline andersson

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
credit to the right persons
« on: 08 Jan 2003, 00:53:06 »
Hello.

I got an idea when I tried AEONÂ's dust-script (found it at a finnish site if I remember correctly) to make a script that made a small cloud of snow under the chopper when you fly low (<20m). So I changed it and I also changed CAT SHIT ONEÂ's snowstorm1 addon and used that.
I like it so much so I would like to share it to the community. Perfect for all wintermaps.

But the problem is that I cant find any way to contact AEON or CAT SHIT ONE. I have read all the readme but no e-mail or anything. Its nothing there thats say that I cant change or use, nothing that says that they want credit or anything but it feels wrong not to ask when all I did was changed their work.

Anyone know how to find them?

Pandoz

Re:credit to the right persons
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jan 2003, 07:00:32 »
what you should do in order to credit them is make a readme saying that you have modified their scripts into 1 or whatever that has made yours. Also u can use the // thing inside the script and give them credit in that also so if any1 looks at the sqs file or edits it they will see that too...i think that would be appropiate way of doing it if u cannot contact them...besides they submitted them for our fun remember that so dont feel guilty.

Offline andersson

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re:credit to the right persons
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jan 2003, 14:00:06 »
IÂ'll do that.