Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Realism Questions  (Read 1994 times)

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
Realism Questions
« on: 29 Dec 2002, 14:05:38 »
ok, so when i make a mission i want it to be as realistic as possible - so that means proper briefings, real objectives, correct language and buzz words...

till now, ive relied on asking certain members of the community (ofpeditor and mike beil to name a few) about correct radio commuincations etc - and i feel that i do burden them with work  ;)

so, i was wondering (not neceserily a new boards - not big enuff topic for it) would it be possible to allow editors to post questions about realism for missions? Alot of people grumble about not enuff realistic or high quality missions out there - and if we editors can get help from the VAST knowledge from serving or veteran soldiers on this board, then i know we can create good missions...

hope summit can be sorted out (i do remember being moderator on a hints and tips board on the last forum - how come it was removed?)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Offline Sefe

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
Re:Realism Questions
« Reply #1 on: 29 Dec 2002, 17:35:05 »
(i do remember being moderator on a hints and tips board on the last forum - how come it was removed?)

Because the editors depot has taken it's place.

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #2 on: 29 Dec 2002, 20:11:21 »
ok - i should have known that, since i worked on the editors depot  :P

but still - my question? where should we posts questions about realism and communications?

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
« Reply #3 on: 29 Dec 2002, 23:16:49 »
Editing: General

A very valid topic, though. I hear you - but a seperate board for it is not neccasary.

Thoughts? ???
Bohemia Interactive Simulations

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #4 on: 30 Dec 2002, 01:52:44 »
thats fine for me matey - i know a seperate board is not valid, since its such a narrow subject - but we need at least a place to post these sorts of questions so we, as a community, can make use of the people here...

maybe editing general is too busy for these question? as in there are alot of more editing related questions thrown up there, and realism may swamp the board and detract from what the forum is about.

dunno where else tho.... maybe mission ideas - but it isnt an idea for a mission - hmmm - maybe general editing is the best so far - no worries tho - im not any where near needing such a topic yet - but just wanted to ask about it.

cheers :thumbsup:

Wolf

« Reply #5 on: 30 Dec 2002, 15:30:29 »
I don't mean to but in, but it sounds to me that reaslism questions in missions would fit in mission ideas, as you are talking about possible events in a mission aren't you?
Or am I'm asuming wrong here?
I mean you are bringing up your ideas on a mission.

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #6 on: 30 Dec 2002, 18:11:09 »
no no, but in - all comments are welcome...

i see your point... the realism thing is that i want to create a proper briefing, with a front page with date and time on, and the commanding officer, and then go through with intel, pictures etc - be nice to see how the real thing is set out..

and as for comms - i just need people to change my 'film' crap army speech into what spec ops etc actually do say - when i presented some of my comms to ofpeditor i nearly laffed to see how wrong my attempts were - to say the least they were no way near what people say.

so - maybe mission ideas? im not sure - its deffinatly part of a mission, but since the mission is there, then its not an idea - its not really editing - we do need somewhere for 'mission resources' maybe a sticky in a board?

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #7 on: 31 Dec 2002, 01:34:46 »
hey mezzy! happy holl's, m8  :-* ;)

since "Mission Ideas" is a board on ofpec and since ofpec by def. is a realism
site (or at least a "first realism, then the rest" -site), I think that we
could p'haps ask the mods to add a small description below the name of that particular board....

som'n like:

FOR ULTRA REALISTIC MISSIONS ONLY - NO GOOF!!

(off course, this would leave me & my "deer hunter" style vietnamese cock-strokefist-fight ideas out)  :P ::)

P.S.

Maybe a good thing would be to create a mission "online".... sort of a sticky thread (once it's done with) where you can see actual work in progress.... Q&A about what to do, say, script etc. for that particular mission  :)

This way, other ppl can always scroll through such a sticky thread
if they wanna see "how they did it".

It would be much more informative than just opening up someones mission.pbo file  :P :)

« Last Edit: 31 Dec 2002, 01:44:02 by Tomb »

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #8 on: 31 Dec 2002, 01:45:07 »
sounds good - any comment from Admin on this? I dont particularly want to start posting only to have it locked  :-\

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #9 on: 31 Dec 2002, 01:49:36 »
I dont recall ever having seeing you be the reason for a locker, mezzy!
but I'll be glad to help if ya wanna try it  :)

::) j/k