Missions Depot > Arma3 - Reviewed Missions

(Review Completed) [SP/CAMP] Underdogs

(1/17) > >>

Undeceived:

UNDERDOGS

Version: 1.92 (updated December 15, 2023)
Author: Undeceived
Gametype: SP campaign

Description:
"We were totally excited when we finally got the green light for the job that our contact Manos had told us about. Just a simple burglary - a pile of money waiting for us in return. At that moment we didn't know that this would be the trigger of a terrible nightmare and a wearying run for our lives..."

A story-driven mini-campaign (5 missions, cutscenes, multiple endings) about a group of Altian kids trying to survive the consequences of a deadly coincidence.

Trailers:

Features:

* Story-driven SP mini-campaign (5 missions)
* Civilian style "crime thriller" - take a refreshing break from the daily military duties :cool2:
* Cutscenes
* Multiple endings
* Many ways to solve certain tasks
* Crafting of certain needed improvised items
* You can adjust the brightness in night missions
* Subtitles available in English, German and Simplified Chinese

Required mods:

* Everything is part of the campaign download

Beta testers:
Clayman, h-, mathias_eichinger, johnnyboy

Changelog:
v. 1.0 (beta)

* First beta releasev. 1.1 (beta)

* Bugs eliminated
Fixed showstoppers (difficulty way too hard)
Optimizations
Video in main menu has the right resolutionv. 1.2 (beta)

* Completely renewed (massively expanded) the 4th mission
The player can now adjust brightness in dark missions
Non-skippable cutscenes are now shorter when watching them again
Bugs eliminated, optimizations, blah blah...v. 1.3

* More optimizations (nothing big)
End of beta phasev. 1.4

* Added Steam Workshop link
Public releasev. 1.5

* Chinese translation added (Chinese simplified)
Added new version of Psychobastard's A3 Wounding System
Bug fixes and optimizationsv. 1.55

* Hotfix for Chinese translationv. 1.6

* MOCAP Melee and CBA are not required mods anymore
Added alternative takedown / knockout system and situations
Chinese translation (Chinese simplified) was expandedv. 1.7

* Script correction due to a change in the Max Life Pack modv. 1.8

* Max Life Pack added to the campaign download (thanks to Maxjoiner for the permission)v. 1.9

* Lots of bug fixes and optimizations
Removed Psychobastard’s “A3 Wounding System”, replaced it with “Grimes Simple Revive” by KC Grimes, which was adapted by KingN for “The Forgotten Few”, which was adapted by Undeceived for “Underdogs”v. 1.92

* Further bugfixing and polishing

Download:
Underdogs @ Steam Workshop

h-:
So many things, so few hours in a day....

I try to fit this in somewhere too :P

Undeceived:
:good:

EDIT:

I got some feedback in another forum and I'm making a new version which should be ready in the next days (lots of changes, optimisations and stuff). So please wait for it, before you download and provide feedback. Thanks.

Undeceived:
Ok, the new version is up now.

I really need more feedback on this! :good: Gameplay and bugs related, but also regarding the English translation.

Thanks a lot!

h-:
At first didn't get far.
After the intro in the briefing window I press 'continue' and the game CTDs...

Retry -> skipping intro -> continue -> works :dunno:
Btw, change 'criminality' to 'crime'.

Cutscenes in general:
- I don't really like to say much about these because they're always so clunky and such, just because the game itself is not really cutscene friendly
- Oh how I so hate camSetTarget bouncy cams  :weeping:

1st mission:
- I would add reconnaissance foto(s) of the warehouse into the briefing because one would assume they'd take some.
- Liked the lock picking feature, although one could make it a bit more like it was in the original Thiefs (the handle would wiggle a lot and once lock was picked it would stay in the open position) so would get some sort of visual info that the lock is picked? :hmmm:
- The minute details on operating the PC were a nice touch  :good:
- No tasks assigned/to assign? Found this odd since the next mission has...
- Way too dark, basically can't see shit outside lit areas. Mileage probably varies here a lot depending on one's ingame and monitor settings..

2nd:
- So dark I have to crank brightness and gamma up to 11 to see anything.
- Impossible to complete, after 10 re-tries got fed up (the save point for this is just annoying, having to watch the same cutscene each retry just gets old)..
- The 'shake them' task gets assigned half a second prior to getting punched in the face and shot.
- This kind of design is really bad for this game, IMO of course ;), because the atrocious physics and still quite clunky movement (civilians seem to be more clunkier for some reason, limited to the 3 basic stances even??), got shot on several tries because the guy gets stuck on the damn chair or whatever for example, or because you have to point to the absolutely correct pixel to get a door to open, the weird delay the game sometimes has in responding to inputs (might also be just my old 'n' sucky wireless keyboard and the fact that I have to use a thumb trackball mouse), etc...
- Don't really get how this is supposed to work because no matter where I exit the house I get shot?

Story seems interesting up to this point though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version