Missions Depot > ArmA - Single Player Beta Testing

Operation Black Dragon Beta Tester wanted.

(1/6) > >>

The-Architect:
Ok, here's a bit of retro for you guys. I've created a 18 mission campaign for ArmA, just for my own sheer pleasure of tinkering, and it has got to the stage where I'm going to need testers.

I am going to be releasing it one mission at a time. This is because I have played many user made campaigns over the years and found that I get many hours in just to get stuck. I recall this even happened with OFP at one stage. Also, if there is a mission that seems impossible, you can just skip it only having lost an end cutscene. (There is over an hour of fully voiced cutscenes in this campaign)

I would like whoever is willing to reinstall the game and play it. I obviously can't be too picky when we're talking about a game that has been dormant for ten years!

Anyway, let me know if you are interested and I will provide the files.

savedbygrace:
ugh, guess I will suffer through. Go ahead and upload the files my friend. The Arma animations are just so clunky after playing the Arma 2 and even more fluid 3. But I'll regain the hang of it.

The-Architect:
Thanks.  :D

Ok, I've uploaded the whole thing. Simply copy and paste the folder directly into your missions folder and it should give you a dedicated Operation Black Dragon page in which you'll find my missions in game.

There are many features, including easter eggs, and the only issue that I know about is the smoke effect bug which is addon related. Enjoy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssndsq7xxglh8ap/Operation%20Black%20Dragon.zip?dl=0

Addons needed are included in the "Addon" link here. https://opblackdragon.blogspot.co.uk/

savedbygrace:
I've attempted the first mission several times. The intro reaches the point where the president is standing on the balcony asking why he is looking at his city, then the game crashes. I skip the intro and each time I pull the trigger or detonate the satchels in the first mission, the game crashes. It keeps popping up the error in the attached image.

I have downloaded the addons, placed them in an Addons folder which is in an @OBD folder in the main directory and then called them with the -mod=@OBD command in the launch parameters. That solved the mission being able to load but did not prevent this error.

The-Architect:
Found the culprit.

The attached file goes into the dta folder.

Apologies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version