Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Red Storm Rising Campain  (Read 8978 times)

Commando

Re:Red Storm Rising Campain
« Reply #15 on: 08 Jan 2003, 00:47:38 »
Cool! I always wished that there was a game or so or a mod about that book!  :D Hope to see some more stuff! I want to see some air action to.
And I can try making some but I only got a 1.2 gig computer with geforce 1 card but I think It will run good anyways.
Can I be a part of the team or maybe be a beta tester? :)

TheAbomb12

« Reply #16 on: 09 Jan 2003, 04:54:30 »
Sure we need more people and more fresh ideas. Your more than welcome to join the team. If you have AIM please give it to me, mines TheAbomb12.

Frosty

« Reply #17 on: 25 Jan 2003, 00:51:39 »
Hmm, I was considering doing a project like this with Jakerod a while back. Well, I started compiling a modern US, German, Canadian, Italian and Soviet Union pack based on material the community had already released, cos so much stuff is underappreciated and underused I thought If I put it all together with bleeding scripts, explosion scripts and everything people would go WOW!

Anyway my US pack has (realistically coded - real weapon loadouts)

M1 Abrams MBT
M1A1 Abrams MBT
M1A2 Abrams MBT
M60A1 Patton
M60A3 Patton (the m60a2 was a bit defunct cos of the turret)
M113A1 (APC, Vulcan and medical)
M113A2 (APC, Vulcan and medical)
M109 Howitzer
M109 ADATS
Jeep
Jeep with MG
HMMWV
Fast Attack Vehicle
M36 6x6 Truck
5t Truck (all versions)

T-55 (the 3rd class reservists in RSR used this)
T-72
T-72 (all versions by SIG)
T-80
T-80 (all versions by SIG)
T-90 (by SIG)
BMP-1
BMP-2
BTR-70
BRDM-2
MTLB (versions by MAF)

There is so much stuff If I list it all, crap, ill take up a whole page. The german stuff is done by BW-Mod. Plus modern weapons pack. And infantrys (marines, paras, special forces).
Only prob is I burnt it on a CDR and now when I try to access the US stuff it says "error reading  from device". is there any program i can use to retrieve this information?

Oops forgot to say about helos and plans: F-14, F-15, F-16, F/A-18, Tornado, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21, MiG-25, MiG-29, UH-1D/Hs, UH/MH/HH-60s, AH-1s, AH-64 (a bit out of place in the 70/80's), OH/Ah/MH-6s, Mi-17, Mi-24, Mi-26, KA-27, KA-50, russian subs, Pauk boats, Zubr landing hovercraft, marines, rangers, paras, delta force, NAVY SEALS, Marine Force recon, tonnes of camo variations, so much stuff that I am pissed off for loosing   some of the US stuff on the CD but if you want it I can repair the pack and redo the US stuff, but only if you want me to help. Plus I'm good with ideas
« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2003, 00:56:23 by Frosty »

TheAbomb12

« Reply #18 on: 25 Jan 2003, 02:18:11 »
great sounds good

I want to get cracking ASAP (i still have school)... anyways i haven't heard from ntstlkr for awhile so mabye we could get together sometime

oh yeah, i need to buy resistance because ive been lagging to get it (most of the cool addons like the migs require it). I would like to add some things to your list (if thats the complete one) so email me soon and ill reply :)

Jakerod

« Reply #19 on: 25 Jan 2003, 17:43:24 »
Hey guys i might be able to help with this a little bit. I need to wait for my new comp however cuz i only have like 500mb of space left on this and everytime i open Nogova i can only play it for about 5 seconds then it freezes. And i only have 3 addons. DKM Choppers with Dust, BAS little birds and Mig-29. Well and the camel. so i need to get my new 40gb comp. If you want to talk with me PM me... or i can talk on AIM i already got theabomb and ngtstlkr on here so.
« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2003, 17:44:55 by Jakerod »

Frosty

« Reply #20 on: 26 Jan 2003, 00:16:43 »
Hey Jakerod man, you'd be good with making new terrain. Remember those sectors you made - they looked pretty European.
And I am going to update my Soviet Union code and weapons, so we can all have some nice looking ruskies.
And ABOMB if you need anything else made, I'm your man.

BTW should the addon prefix be RSR? You know, like SEB, BAS, MAF, ect.

Oh and don't forget, the Command Engine would be pretty cool for some missions!
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2003, 00:17:37 by Frosty »

TheAbomb12

« Reply #21 on: 26 Jan 2003, 02:54:08 »
Yep, ive had some pretty cool mission ideas using the command engine (this will mostly be on the russian side)

Frosty

« Reply #22 on: 26 Jan 2003, 05:22:27 »
Speaking of the Russians Abomb, this is what I have implemented today for the Red Storm rising campaign (that is if you still want me to work for you ;))

Red Storm Rising Soviet Union Pack
rsr_sov.pbo

Weapons:
AK-47
AK-47 + BG 15
AKM
AKM + GP 30
AKMS
AKMB
AKMN
AK-74
AK-74 + BG 15
AK-74M
AK-74M + GP 30
AK-74SU
AKS-74U

Music:
Communism (by seventh, not included in original flashpoint or resistance, downloaded from mp3.com.au)
Cold War Dawn (same as communism)
Soviet National Anthem (Instrumental)
Soviet National Anthem (with Lyrics)
 - these are included in the .pbo as a cfgMusic, can be inserted same way as original ones

TheAbomb12

« Reply #23 on: 26 Jan 2003, 19:23:32 »
yeah, I was looking forward to working with you...

one quick note... AK-47 would probaly be a little to out dated for the soviet army (or mabye not :), the soviets have been known to be pack rats and keep and use weapon systems for WWII up).

As for the music
I though that sevenths music was good, but i didnt like thier lyrics (I'm just not into that type of music). The russian nation athem is great though.

Fishion

« Reply #24 on: 26 Jan 2003, 20:12:46 »
Yo,
I'd be happy to help out with a scrip here and there if you'd need that.

Besides what time is it suppost to play?
Because if you set it up at the time it is in the books,
you'll need much less of what you guy have put up in the list.
Most of what's already in OFP for the Russian side should do (okay someone might argue that it's not all that realistic. But at least its there). The thoughest part would be the NATO side. You definitly have to have german units, it all is in germany after all.
US are already in OFP (more realistic would be nice thoug).
UK forces (should be out there). French anyone?
The camo patterns are mostly avaiable. As for small arms, in Resistance is everything you'll need except the UK weapons (Germany used the G3 at that time and MG3 which is basically a MG42). That is also puplicly avaiable (HK Weapons Pack).
The biggest chocke factor then is the AT-Weaponry on both sides (for Infantry)
Then on the bigger scale another problem would be the Helicopters. Germany used at that time a Bo105 in the role the Kiowa, lacking a true Attack Helo. Don't know about UK forces or french.
Fro transport a Ch-53 and UH1, and the UH1 is avaiable.
As for planes you only need for cutscenes, in the Action there's nothing you couldn't fix with a custom sound and a script.

Keep in mind that the player mostly needs to download that stuff, and a 40MB dl for one mission would probably be unacceptable for most.

-Fishion

Frosty

« Reply #25 on: 27 Jan 2003, 22:29:15 »
Hey man, don't you remember the book. There were A-Class, B-Class and C-class reservists. The A-class' got all the latest stuff. B-class were a bit older. C-class were older with even older equipment. T-55s, T-64s, Ak-47 and RPK-47. RPG-7 instead of RPG-7V. You know.

Don't worry, i've got French sorted out, but I gotta work on the soviets first.
Today I plan to do RPK-47 and -74, PKM, RPK-74M (I'm including a variety of weapons in case you want to change the time setting), AT weapons and a couple of sniper rifles. Oh, and I'm adding in realistic groups too (Rifle Squad, Platoon HQ ,ect) and a new class - Squad Leader. Behaves like an officer, but wears a helmet and does not carry a pistol. And I've added in "secret documents" for the Russian and NATO generals.

Fishion

« Reply #26 on: 30 Jan 2003, 14:03:57 »
jo can you guys comtact me?

-Fishion

ntstlkr

« Reply #27 on: 31 Jan 2003, 17:36:32 »
Cheers All,  :beat:

Sorry for the lack of dialogue but have been out of town for awhile and am catching up on everything. Should be on sometime tonight Abomb. Have worked out alot of stuff on a storyline to pass to you and notes and such. May post here though.

:hmm:

Looks like there is some interest being generated so thats good. If anything, this proposal may be larger and greater than anyone quite realises just yet. It may literally take the entire OFP community to get it done. So that got me thinking... ???

What say we consider, for the moment at least, that this project invites everyone to participate. Every mod and add-on developer can be thought of as a "resource". We should keep the lines of communication open to all the groups out there to draw upon there abilities/advice/suggestions etc. That this becomes a community wide project, the likes of which has not been seen yet.

This isn't just a collection of missions.  We've seen enough of those (and good/great one's too!)

Lets give them a campaign, a story, an epic that the makers at BIS will sit back and say "whooaahh".  :D

Back later, CONSIDER IT!!! 8)

TheAbomb12

« Reply #28 on: 01 Feb 2003, 02:48:04 »
yes, now we are talking.
Thats exactly what I was thinking. So far we have almost all of the units that we may need, and we are still progressing with the maps. But there is still one question that I want to resolve, should the campaign be "novel" style where the missions shift between russians and american characters, or should we complete say the russian campaign followed be the wests campaign (or vice versa)? Im leaning towards the seperated sides missions, but what do you think. However, I wan't to keep the story line as intact AS POSSIBLE. I don't mind adding stuff that was possibley done, but don't want to do anything that contradicts the novel... unless we don't name it RSR  (most of the books that turned into movies mad me mad, especialy Sum of All Fears). But don't worry, I want to take creative liberties as well. :)

Frosty

« Reply #29 on: 01 Feb 2003, 07:00:04 »
Yeah, all those addons I'm making are pretty much taken from the community. I'd appreciate one of you discussing the MOD with me, cos I think the addons I'm preparing are going to be pretty handy. I recieved TacOps 4 from a m8 the other day, it's got about 20 PDFs on tactics and equipment of the US army and some info on the OPFORs.
The Soviet troops are progressing nicely. I think I may do some RPGs today - how about RPG Nh-75, RPG-2, RPG-7, RPG-7V, AT-4, AT-5 and AT-7? And a man-portable SA-7 and 9K3S Launcher. I've also been preparing some Brits and Aussies (don't know why - Aussies were not in the book so theyd be a bit out of place, I guess I made em cos Im an Aussie). So, the book included Soviet Union, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Belgium, Norway and the United States.

Should I also include Yugoslavia, Canada, East Germany (DDR) and another Eastern Bloc country.

I hope to include plenty of features in the addons too, like Kegetys' bleeding and explosion scripts and the chopper downwash effect. Anybody whose working on  this MOD/Campaign PM with ideas.