Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ignore user?  (Read 1131 times)

Offline woofer

• Members
  • Honi Sout Qui Mal Y Pense
Ignore user?
« on: 21 Dec 2002, 20:25:14 »
I've been following some of the hot topics and try not to open my hole unless I absolutely positively know different - I've shot it, drove it or broke it. In the case of history I will try to find a reliable source to back it up.  

But there seems to be a few people who will offer an opinion at the drop of a hat, whether they saw it in a blockbuster movie or read it in a book.

In short I couldn't be less interested in some users posts, even if they posted to say that their house was on fire and could someone dial 999 because they were busy spamming a topic about what bootlaces a real SAS Trooper would use.

Otherwise I enjoy looking at the topics and contributing.

Beyond just averting my eyes is there a way to 'ignore' posts that from users that I cannot bear to hear anymore?

I've spent the past 13 years defending our great democracy and freedom of speach, but do i always have to listen?

Kaliyuga

Re:Ignore user?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Dec 2002, 20:39:13 »
 Hmm... interesting idea.... and one I had never thought of yet
  I'm pretty sure there isn't the option available to ignore someones posts,

While there are a few people whos posts i'd really rather not see as well...
  I think overall there is a pretty great group of people around these forums... (try checking out any of the other  well known ones and I'm sure you'll be wishing for that "ignore" function a whole lot sooner)

Everyone has a right to their own opinion and such.... even if it is completely wrong... lol ;D

Hopefully those sorts of people will get reputations for that sort of behaviour on their own,

as for the "averting your eyes" part... I got a good chuckle out of that one... :p  
  I know that for me at least.. Its kinda like watching a car wreck...  no matter how idiotic I know someone's post is going to be  I just have to look.... ;D