Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Somalia conflict delta m4!  (Read 5232 times)

NavySeal

Somalia conflict delta m4!
« on: 19 Dec 2002, 06:48:38 »
Hey every one check out somalia conflict's delta m4's! there great!

www.geocities.com/wandlmods

registered_fugitiv

Re:Somalia conflict delta m4!
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2002, 09:43:38 »
and theres more where that came from

Pvt_Jackson

« Reply #2 on: 19 Dec 2002, 11:57:13 »
Looks nice.  Geocities is terrible though.

NavySeal

« Reply #3 on: 19 Dec 2002, 19:13:53 »
i know we are moving as soon as res command gets up.  then we will be hosted there :)

Cheers

medic23

« Reply #4 on: 20 Dec 2002, 03:03:34 »
i kinda noticed that it is a bit smaller than it should be, cause i have an m4 and it does not seem that small

but damn good job

NavySeal

« Reply #5 on: 20 Dec 2002, 03:32:14 »
actually the dleta m4 was the size.  the gun was designed for light weight and fast responses.  so you wouldnt get tired of holding it. trust me, when me and my dad(navyseal) are shooting there is a big big difference in size and weight between the 2 m4's, if you want to get technical the xm177 and the m4 custom. :0 anything else?

Offline bugkill

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: 21 Dec 2002, 10:48:03 »
yes, i saw one thing. could you put des camo paint on the suppressor for the silenced m4? those suppressors are usually camoflauged like the rest of the weapon.

KaceILM

« Reply #7 on: 23 Feb 2003, 02:55:16 »
The scale of the weapon seems just fine to me. I just recently bought a Car15 with a '14 inch barrel a couple of months ago. If one was to set the buttstock on the ground with the stock fully extended, the barrel would only come up to my mid thigh. But then again, that's always been the big misconception of the weapons models in OFP. If you compared BIS's M16A2 to the Character models, the muzzle would probably reach the midchest range. And most mod makers have done the same thing. I have to say i was pretty disapointed with BAS's new Delta addons... their weapons were huge!! Anywho, well done on the models, and yes some folks do bake the camoflague sceme onto the suppressor tubes. But not all the time. In my time in the military here in New Zealand i found that not many people did paint the tubes for technical reasons. Such as overheating and the blocking of the gas ports was an issue as well. Keep up the good work, and keep us posted!

Kace

--I attached a picture of me and my new toy to give you all an idea of how big the weapon really is. As you can see it's pretty small.--
« Last Edit: 23 Feb 2003, 03:14:29 by KaceILM »

Nazul

« Reply #8 on: 23 Feb 2003, 09:24:05 »
@kaceILM
you allowed to have guns like that still in NZ?? that f**cker martin bryant stuffed it for us in Oz. im moving to NZ if thats the case :P

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #9 on: 23 Feb 2003, 09:54:54 »
yea im pretty sure ur allowed them over here (NZ)  as long as u got the right licences

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #10 on: 23 Feb 2003, 20:10:12 »
You can own Assault Rifles in New Zealand?

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #11 on: 23 Feb 2003, 20:23:12 »
yea im pretty sure my dad own an sks and his friends got an ak-47

KaceILM

« Reply #12 on: 26 Feb 2003, 07:30:35 »
Sure, you can  own Class III weapons here. It's a pretty sparsely populated country, so they don't restrict it too much, as long as you go through the correct methods to obtain the permits. As a matter of fact, a business in the same area i'm from (Wellington) makes and sells .22 cal gatling guns. They're a bit out of my price range, but we can still dream, right? Weapons are quite more expensive then they are in the states, though. My colt ran about the same as a reasonable economy car  :-X But worth it all the same. Any more questions, feel free to ask.
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2003, 07:31:23 by KaceILM »

Eagle

« Reply #13 on: 26 Feb 2003, 19:38:07 »
hmmm, no questions about the weapons but, about this mod...is it dead yet? Hasnt been updated since December and well, sorry to say it...but from the looks of the website and their own account of the Somalia Conflict, either a 6 year old wrote the content or someone really just did not give a damn about how things were put together. Their addons, particularly their custom M4's had some kind of potential, however everything else really did not have much to look forward to

Here is their description of the Somalia Conflict....

Somalia Conflict

Background

Mohamad Adide and the other drug lords of somalia took advantage of there country, and starved all the civilians. In 1992 President Bill Clinton was asked by N.A.T.O command to send troops in to hold the peace. NATO moved their troops in and Adide Declared war on them by giving them a surprise ambush. NATO sent United States troops in, and Left NATO peace keepers. Once again Mohamad Declared war, both on the U.S and NATO. So first U.S Marines were sent in for 2 weeks, Then The U.S Army Rangers, DeltaForce, and Night Raiders for 8 weeks. Led by General Garison, He made a pardon that he would not leave till they had Adide. In 1996 Mohamad Adide was shot and killed, two days later General Garison retired..................

As i said, it sounds like some pre-pubescent kid wrote a summary on a low budget movie he saw.

Eviscerator

« Reply #14 on: 26 Feb 2003, 19:46:23 »
erm, why would deltas be carrying M4's in 1992? the M4 wasnt even adopted till 1994 and didnt see use in somalia...