Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Somalia conflict delta m4!  (Read 5261 times)

NavySeal

Somalia conflict delta m4!
« on: 19 Dec 2002, 06:48:38 »
Hey every one check out somalia conflict's delta m4's! there great!

www.geocities.com/wandlmods

registered_fugitiv

Re:Somalia conflict delta m4!
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2002, 09:43:38 »
and theres more where that came from

Pvt_Jackson

« Reply #2 on: 19 Dec 2002, 11:57:13 »
Looks nice.  Geocities is terrible though.

NavySeal

« Reply #3 on: 19 Dec 2002, 19:13:53 »
i know we are moving as soon as res command gets up.  then we will be hosted there :)

Cheers

medic23

« Reply #4 on: 20 Dec 2002, 03:03:34 »
i kinda noticed that it is a bit smaller than it should be, cause i have an m4 and it does not seem that small

but damn good job

NavySeal

« Reply #5 on: 20 Dec 2002, 03:32:14 »
actually the dleta m4 was the size.  the gun was designed for light weight and fast responses.  so you wouldnt get tired of holding it. trust me, when me and my dad(navyseal) are shooting there is a big big difference in size and weight between the 2 m4's, if you want to get technical the xm177 and the m4 custom. :0 anything else?

Offline bugkill

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: 21 Dec 2002, 10:48:03 »
yes, i saw one thing. could you put des camo paint on the suppressor for the silenced m4? those suppressors are usually camoflauged like the rest of the weapon.

KaceILM

« Reply #7 on: 23 Feb 2003, 02:55:16 »
The scale of the weapon seems just fine to me. I just recently bought a Car15 with a '14 inch barrel a couple of months ago. If one was to set the buttstock on the ground with the stock fully extended, the barrel would only come up to my mid thigh. But then again, that's always been the big misconception of the weapons models in OFP. If you compared BIS's M16A2 to the Character models, the muzzle would probably reach the midchest range. And most mod makers have done the same thing. I have to say i was pretty disapointed with BAS's new Delta addons... their weapons were huge!! Anywho, well done on the models, and yes some folks do bake the camoflague sceme onto the suppressor tubes. But not all the time. In my time in the military here in New Zealand i found that not many people did paint the tubes for technical reasons. Such as overheating and the blocking of the gas ports was an issue as well. Keep up the good work, and keep us posted!

Kace

--I attached a picture of me and my new toy to give you all an idea of how big the weapon really is. As you can see it's pretty small.--
« Last Edit: 23 Feb 2003, 03:14:29 by KaceILM »

Nazul

« Reply #8 on: 23 Feb 2003, 09:24:05 »
@kaceILM
you allowed to have guns like that still in NZ?? that f**cker martin bryant stuffed it for us in Oz. im moving to NZ if thats the case :P

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #9 on: 23 Feb 2003, 09:54:54 »
yea im pretty sure ur allowed them over here (NZ)  as long as u got the right licences

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #10 on: 23 Feb 2003, 20:10:12 »
You can own Assault Rifles in New Zealand?

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #11 on: 23 Feb 2003, 20:23:12 »
yea im pretty sure my dad own an sks and his friends got an ak-47

KaceILM

« Reply #12 on: 26 Feb 2003, 07:30:35 »
Sure, you can  own Class III weapons here. It's a pretty sparsely populated country, so they don't restrict it too much, as long as you go through the correct methods to obtain the permits. As a matter of fact, a business in the same area i'm from (Wellington) makes and sells .22 cal gatling guns. They're a bit out of my price range, but we can still dream, right? Weapons are quite more expensive then they are in the states, though. My colt ran about the same as a reasonable economy car  :-X But worth it all the same. Any more questions, feel free to ask.
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2003, 07:31:23 by KaceILM »

Eagle

« Reply #13 on: 26 Feb 2003, 19:38:07 »
hmmm, no questions about the weapons but, about this mod...is it dead yet? Hasnt been updated since December and well, sorry to say it...but from the looks of the website and their own account of the Somalia Conflict, either a 6 year old wrote the content or someone really just did not give a damn about how things were put together. Their addons, particularly their custom M4's had some kind of potential, however everything else really did not have much to look forward to

Here is their description of the Somalia Conflict....

Somalia Conflict

Background

Mohamad Adide and the other drug lords of somalia took advantage of there country, and starved all the civilians. In 1992 President Bill Clinton was asked by N.A.T.O command to send troops in to hold the peace. NATO moved their troops in and Adide Declared war on them by giving them a surprise ambush. NATO sent United States troops in, and Left NATO peace keepers. Once again Mohamad Declared war, both on the U.S and NATO. So first U.S Marines were sent in for 2 weeks, Then The U.S Army Rangers, DeltaForce, and Night Raiders for 8 weeks. Led by General Garison, He made a pardon that he would not leave till they had Adide. In 1996 Mohamad Adide was shot and killed, two days later General Garison retired..................

As i said, it sounds like some pre-pubescent kid wrote a summary on a low budget movie he saw.

Eviscerator

« Reply #14 on: 26 Feb 2003, 19:46:23 »
erm, why would deltas be carrying M4's in 1992? the M4 wasnt even adopted till 1994 and didnt see use in somalia...

sgtGunneryHighway

« Reply #15 on: 26 Feb 2003, 19:58:27 »
 :tomato:

sgtGunneryHighway

« Reply #16 on: 26 Feb 2003, 20:03:38 »

Mohamad Adide and the other drug lords of somalia took advantage of there country, and starved all the civilians. In 1992 President Bill Clinton was asked by N.A.T.O command to send troops in to hold the peace. NATO moved their troops in and Adide Declared war on them by giving them a surprise ambush. NATO sent United States troops in, and Left NATO peace keepers. Once again Mohamad Declared war, both on the U.S and NATO. So first U.S Marines were sent in for 2 weeks, Then The U.S Army Rangers, DeltaForce, and Night Raiders for 8 weeks. Led by General Garison, He made a pardon that he would not leave till they had Adide. In 1996 Mohamad Adide was shot and killed, two days later General Garison retired..................

As i said, it sounds like some pre-pubescent kid wrote a summary on a low budget movie he saw.
:hmm:  :tomato:  :beat:

Eagle

« Reply #17 on: 26 Feb 2003, 20:08:13 »
Eviscerator,
 Didnt they use M-16a2 variants, customized in a couple versions, the M727 and M733?
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2003, 20:19:02 by Eagle »

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #18 on: 26 Feb 2003, 23:15:05 »
they used the CAR-15 or XM-177e2 both have been used since Vietnam, the difference between the two is the CAR-15 has a longer Muzzle, than the XM, both are smaller versions of the M-16 (AR-15) and they all use the same Ammo. But I'm not too woried about PERFECT historical Accuracy, and Task Force Ranger wasn't sent to Somalia until 1993.  And President Clinton DID NOT commit the U.S. to that Mission it was President George H. W. Bush who did that right after he lost the election, and it was the U.N. who was supposed to be the organization behind the whole thing, I assure you that Pakistan and Malaysia are not part of the
North
Atlantic
Treaty
Organizaion
Ya'll at the Somalia conflict wan't I'll write up the story for ya.  ;)

Eagle

« Reply #19 on: 27 Feb 2003, 01:02:08 »
yeah a lil mistake like what weapons were used is understood and can be passed on without much of a hassle. However, these guys practically re-wrote history in their account of the Somalia conflict.

Eviscerator

« Reply #20 on: 27 Feb 2003, 02:19:00 »
they used the CAR-15 or XM-177e2 both have been used since Vietnam, the difference between the two is the CAR-15 has a longer Muzzle, than the XM, both are smaller versions of the M-16 (AR-15) and they all use the same Ammo. But I'm not too woried about PERFECT historical Accuracy, and Task Force Ranger wasn't sent to Somalia until 1993.  And President Clinton DID NOT commit the U.S. to that Mission it was President George H. W. Bush who did that right after he lost the election, and it was the U.N. who was supposed to be the organization behind the whole thing, I assure you that Pakistan and Malaysia are not part of the
North
Atlantic
Treaty
Organizaion
Ya'll at the Somalia conflict wan't I'll write up the story for ya.  ;)

Well, i dont think they would have used the XM-177E2 as that was built on the M16A1 they would have used M16A2 carbines, "CAR-15" can mean either two things...its either the civilian name for a wide range of AR-15 carbines or its the military name of a carbine developed early in the vietnam war that looks like a mini M16A1 with a full stock that extends and the triangle-type foregrip, it was replaced by the XM-177 series, from what little i know of somalia i think they did use Colt Commandos (M16A2 carbines) and ive seen M733 thrown around when referring to it so Eagle is most likely indeed correct although as its classified they may have actually been using MP5's.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #21 on: 27 Feb 2003, 05:15:27 »
Don't Quote me on this but I believe for a mission like the one on October 3rd 1993 they would use some kind of assault rifle, because the MP5 doesn't have the Range that an M16a2 or CAR-15 would have, but the mission was supposed to be, a quick insertion and extraction but the shit hit the fan and well there you have BHD

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #22 on: 27 Feb 2003, 05:21:43 »
well all im from the mod if u dont already know and ill tell u some stuff to do with the history
that was writen by someone in the mod when it started (before i was in it) and it should be changed to this or something similar when we get a new host

On the eve of his departure from office, President Bush responds to U.N requests and orders Operation "Restore Hope" in December of 1992. The mission: to defend famine-relief efforts in the country of Somalia. For months prior, U.N officials and relief workers are thwarted by armed Somali clans in their attempts to deliver desperately-needed food and supplies to a starving country. Food is stolen from the docks and airport. Convoys are high jacked. And relief workers are attacked and sometimes killed.

During night of December 9th, U.S. Marines hit the beach while under the intense spotlights from dozens of TV cameras. They are the first of 25,000 troops sent to patrol the streets of Mogadishu, Somalia. Within months, the situation in Somalia is under control and food is finally able to reach a starving population. Although various warlords and their clans move about the streets, they are reluctant to tangle with U.S. troops.

As President Clinton settles into office in the early part of 1993, he expresses a will to decrease U.S. troops in the region. By June, only 1,200 combat troops and 3,000 support personnel remain. Meanwhile, the question of 'what next?' is answered with the idea of 'nation building' by many in the United Nations. The original mission of securing humanitarian relief gives way to rebuilding Somalia's infrastructure, restoring law and order and establishing a new government by forming a coalition of the Somali clans.

But General Mohamed Farrah Aidid, leader of 3 clans, continuously threatens the process. After 24 Pakistani soldiers are ambushed and massacred, a $25,000 reward is placed on Aidid's head. Admiral Jonathan Howe, Special Representative to the UN Secretary General and responsible for mediating the peace process, asks the U.S. to send special forces to apprehend Aidid.

After 4 American soldiers are killed by a remote detonated mine, the U.S. forms Task Force Ranger, a group of Delta Force commandos, Army Rangers, and pilots from 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (the "Night Stalkers"), led by Major General William F. Garrison.

On August 26, more than eight months after the Marines first landed in Somalia, 440 troops of Task Force Ranger arrive in Somalia with the mission to capture Aidid and his lieutenants. Task Force Ranger performs a number of missions with mixed results, as commanders in Somalia ask the U.S. for Bradley Fighting Vehicles and AC-130 Spectre gunships. The requests are denied by Secretary of Defense Les Aspen.

On the morning of October 3rd, members of Task Force Ranger receive information that Aidid and some of his lieutenants will be meeting in a house next to the Olympic Hotel.

A detachment of Army Rangers and Delta commandos suit-up and head out via Blackhawk helicopters and MH-6 "Little Birds," flying above the streets of Mogadishu, towards their target.

as for the m4s i didnt make em so i dint know but they probably shouldnt be m4s should be car-15 and similar

Eagle

« Reply #23 on: 27 Feb 2003, 07:44:30 »
Much better. :) But to be more objective, how are things going with the mod then?  ???

KaceILM

« Reply #24 on: 27 Feb 2003, 07:51:48 »
M4's were not used in 1992-3, although special prototypes were specially made for SOCOM during that period. They were a standard Car 15 with a flat top receiver that had a welded rail system on it. The conversions were made by USAMU, the same group responsible for the SPR. I have absolutely no idea as to if these were used in Somalia. I do know that they did have a massive defect, though. The charging handle was effected by the conversion in some way, and when the bolt was driven back from firing, it would catch the handle and drive it back into the chin of the operator. Needless to say, this was the main reason for the death of the project. Anywho, why don't we stop the rants and ravings? I would prefer that those who were not there and involved in the operations there, would stop speaking as if they were. <-- Knows he's probably gonna hear about that one....    
   Take care,
Kace

Eagle

« Reply #25 on: 27 Feb 2003, 09:08:08 »
Actually Kace, there never was any ranting or raving...it all started when i read their "Story" page, and im sorry but for a mod who's focus is to recreate a historical event, not a movie...they practically took the history out of it all and sort of guessed at it. Not to mention that there is a page showcasing their progress emblazened with the words "The USA kicks ASS! GOD BLESS!", it shows that this mod is literally in a very "youthful" stage and that a lot of work needs to be done not only on the webpage, but in their research, the attention to detail and the actual editing being done. I almost forgot that the rangers(the desert rangers) they have on their site are in a corrupt zip file and were created by another party. All these things made me wonder if this project was still alive...since  the signs were not very promising. With all due respect, this mod needs to kick things into high gear if they are to impress anyone, especially with the addons that are being released by groups like TOW, BAS, Digital grenade, WWIIEC....etc. And to me, if they are gonna do something as meaningful as TF Ranger in Mogadishu in 93', they'd better do it right and with all the effort an event like that deserves.

As to any of us presuming we know what gear they were carrying...well, i was asking out of curiosity since people were mentioning M4's, CAR-15's, M16a1's, XMM 177's,....etc. I basically pulled information straight from a manufacturers website confirming the existance of the m727 and m733 colt commando's(also known as m16a2 "shorty"), in which have been rumored to have been used by 1st SFOD-D in Somalia. The majority of sources confirm that rumor...but as Evis said, the op was classsified and for all we know they could have been using paintball markers. So to sum things up, no one was arguing really, and i aint arguing with you either :). But hey you decided to join the club so...welcome aboard.

To reiterate my last question....so whats up with this mod then? Have people left? Who's in charge? Whats being done...etc? News?

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #26 on: 27 Feb 2003, 09:25:22 »
well thier arnt very many of us in the mod and i think we are all young
the dude that started the topics in charge and were doing alot
im working on an MH-60L, the rangers and delta are being worked on, alot of guns are also being worked at, theres some navy SEALs in progress by me, and a new hummer as well as alot of other stuff

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #27 on: 27 Feb 2003, 23:26:56 »
I was in the third Grade when this all happened and I remember My Teacher, Ms. Petty told us there was a terrible Drought in Somalia and the U.S. Sent Soldiers over there to feed the people, and I asked My Dad "why doesn't Iraq send people to feed the Somalis?" and my dad said "the Iraqis can Barely feed them selves"

Grimesy

« Reply #28 on: 01 Mar 2003, 18:24:11 »
Hey hey guys! Its Me...I Feel Special becuase i got some guns for you guys, these are PRelim Pics

Grimesy

« Reply #29 on: 01 Mar 2003, 18:25:51 »
m16

Grimesy

« Reply #30 on: 01 Mar 2003, 18:26:43 »
umm m14

Grimesy

« Reply #31 on: 01 Mar 2003, 18:28:36 »
M249!!

Grimesy

« Reply #32 on: 01 Mar 2003, 18:29:19 »
m4a1

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #33 on: 01 Mar 2003, 19:13:27 »
@GrImEsY I feel special too, but the guns look good, I like the M16 with the strap clips.

I got Mail Yaaaa!  ;D