Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Vendetta  (Read 3673 times)

charlieh

Re:Vendetta
« Reply #15 on: 22 Dec 2002, 20:38:44 »
Vendetta is, in my opinion as the maker, not a very good mission. The design faults and linear nature as some of you have already mentioned mean that the experienced player cannot really enjoy it. I have even considered removing it from my website.

I think Vendetta was a good idea in principle, but it was done at a time when my mission making skills weren't up to it and so the results were poor.

I have had several people send me emails saying how much they enjoyed it - it is I think a good mission for players just realising the scope of this game. Perhaps not for battle-hardened players, but for less experienced players I think there is quite a lot of enjoyment to be had here. It is unfair on Captain Winters to blame him for taking this into account when reviewing the mission, even if it was taken into account too much. I know there is not very combat in it, but this is not necessarily a bad thing (this is a website for combat missions so I can see why it may get particularly harshly reviewed here), even though the non-combat bits are too linear.

There are very few missions like it and so there is little to compare it to, so the reviews of it are going to differ a lot. So the reviewer's opinion might differ a lot from yours.

Im sorry to Ofpec and Captain Winters for all the trouble this has caused you  :)

Captain Winters

« Reply #16 on: 22 Dec 2002, 21:09:36 »
Hey! Don't be sorry. Be Charlieh! To clear things up, I gave the score of a 9 without relising many things, such as the Waypoint issue! I though it was a testement that OFP can be many more things than a combat sim! It just had a poor design and execution!

Phantom

« Reply #17 on: 23 Dec 2002, 03:57:06 »
woah, sounds like grounds for dismissal to me

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #18 on: 23 Dec 2002, 04:29:23 »
Okay guys,

Captain Winters has learned some valuable lessons, and you've all had an insight into the world of reviewing and people's varying opinions on how it should be done.

As with *ANYTHING* in life, there is always lessons to be learned and other ways of doing things.
So constructive criticism is always appreciated.

But as this thread has run its course, lets all leave it at that before another unnecessary argument starts up.

*Topic locked*
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"