Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Addon request  (Read 1630 times)

IliekBIGboom

Addon request
« on: 25 Aug 2002, 20:25:25 »
Greetings,

Request: Radio controlled version of a cesna or a-10 or Su

With this i mean nothing fancy just a vehicle the size of a lawnmower with fitting pilot, that can fly ofcourse =)

Ive been searching the web for this and i did find some very nice tiny helicopter and jeep models.
Ive also tried it myself but im not sure wether im using the right default models (sofar i just took an existing mod extract it with Defbo, but most of the models give me an error with the program p3d2obj1 when i try to unpack the obj files out of the p3d , saying its ODOL format and exits..)

Anyway great thanks in advance :D :D :D

IliekBIGboom

Re:Addon request
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2002, 23:18:35 »
First and last bumb

Kaliyuga

« Reply #2 on: 27 Aug 2002, 07:24:59 »
Sounds pretty cool there Big Boom... Can't really help you out with making the addon and stuff.. but that error you're talking about is because there are two kinds of p3d models.. the ODOL and some other one point being that the ODOL can't be altered with the tools currently at hand....

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #3 on: 27 Aug 2002, 08:47:11 »
Yep. Kaliyuga is right there. :) I gather ya are trying to alter original p3d's that came with the game? ;D This happened to mee too when I tried to change them. ::) Cheers!

Hawk

blath

« Reply #4 on: 27 Aug 2002, 12:47:42 »
as i understand it, the format u can modify is MLOD which is wot the models from the demo r in, but not the 1s from the actual game :(

IliekBIGboom

« Reply #5 on: 27 Aug 2002, 13:35:14 »
Aaah, thats a bummer.
Thanks for reply though