Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFP video Settings  (Read 2267 times)

Offline Mike_Beil

• Former Staff
    • OFP Editing Center...I pity the foo who doesn't visit it!
OFP video Settings
« on: 14 Dec 2002, 10:00:28 »
Hey guys.

Well,  I reinstalled  OFP and I am not getting the framerates I want.  It seems really un-smooth,  Maybe OFP is always like this,  But I just remember it seeming faster.

I was wondering what you guys have for your video setting.  Thanks.

GeForce 4 ti4600
512 RDRAM
1.7ghz proc.

BoNeCoLLeCToR

Re:OFP video Settings
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2002, 10:22:26 »
800x600x64 ;)

Black Magic

« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2002, 13:58:43 »
GeForce 2 ::)
512 RDRAM
1.7 Ghz

I play at 1024 x whatever it is. Everythings up except quality is set to High but I do drop it to Normal for larger missions. Runs fine though. Maybe you have some task running in the background that you don't know of which is slowing it up - it happened to me! :-X

*Switches to stern face* >:(

And this is a Editing forum, for technical assistance please use the offical BIS forums! (yeah right... my ass) ;D

Offline Mike_Beil

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 14 Dec 2002, 20:49:13 »
Maybe it's just what you said,  Some task in the backround.

Well,  'got' Windows XP pro today,  So i'm thinking it's reformat time,  That always boosts performace.

SFG

« Reply #4 on: 14 Dec 2002, 23:31:17 »
This has nothing to do with editing. errr.. I mean yeah try reformatting  ;)
« Last Edit: 14 Dec 2002, 23:32:19 by SFG »

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 14 Dec 2002, 23:39:29 »
Just remember, WinXP is a memory hog from hell. Make sure you've got a nice big swap-file set up, especially when not running DDR memory.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

asmodeus

« Reply #6 on: 15 Dec 2002, 06:12:09 »
Just a quick note for ya Mike...

I had a very similar problem and was unable to solve it for a bit..  Turns out I had the Klez virus!   :o

You can get a free fix for it at www.symantec.com it's called FixKlez.com and it worked like a charm for me!  (I had no idea I had it until it killed my anitivirus program and firewall and other things!)   ;)

Just thought that info could possibly help...  

Did someone say get technical help at the official forums?  When pigs fly.   :P  (haven't had much luck there.)  

Asmo

P.S.  The Avon Lady's website has a bunch of tips that are much more useful than the official forums...  IMO..  
« Last Edit: 15 Dec 2002, 06:14:29 by Asmodeus »

Offline Mike_Beil

• Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 15 Dec 2002, 10:04:02 »
Thanks,  I will check that out.  I have been downloading a lot off kazaa lately,  So it may be a Klez.