Welcome, Guest Wednesday 16th April 2014, 23:37:45
   Home   Help Search Login Register  

OFPEC Forum

Author Topic: OFP video Settings  (Read 556 times)
Mike_Beil
Former Staff

« on: 14 Dec 2002, 10:00:28 »

Hey guys.

Well,  I reinstalled  OFP and I am not getting the framerates I want.  It seems really un-smooth,  Maybe OFP is always like this,  But I just remember it seeming faster.

I was wondering what you guys have for your video setting.  Thanks.

GeForce 4 ti4600
512 RDRAM
1.7ghz proc.
BoNeCoLLeCToR
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2002, 10:22:26 »

800x600x64 Wink
Black Magic
« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2002, 13:58:43 »

GeForce 2 Roll Eyes
512 RDRAM
1.7 Ghz

I play at 1024 x whatever it is. Everythings up except quality is set to High but I do drop it to Normal for larger missions. Runs fine though. Maybe you have some task running in the background that you don't know of which is slowing it up - it happened to me! :-X

*Switches to stern face* Angry

And this is a Editing forum, for technical assistance please use the offical BIS forums! (yeah right... my ass) ;D

Mike_Beil
Former Staff

« Reply #3 on: 14 Dec 2002, 20:49:13 »

Maybe it's just what you said,  Some task in the backround.

Well,  'got' Windows XP pro today,  So i'm thinking it's reformat time,  That always boosts performace.
SFG
« Reply #4 on: 14 Dec 2002, 23:31:17 »

This has nothing to do with editing. errr.. I mean yeah try reformatting  Wink
« Last Edit: 14 Dec 2002, 23:32:19 by SFG » Logged
KTottE
Former Staff

« Reply #5 on: 14 Dec 2002, 23:39:29 »

Just remember, WinXP is a memory hog from hell. Make sure you've got a nice big swap-file set up, especially when not running DDR memory.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"
asmodeus
« Reply #6 on: 15 Dec 2002, 06:12:09 »

Just a quick note for ya Mike...

I had a very similar problem and was unable to solve it for a bit..  Turns out I had the Klez virus!   Shocked

You can get a free fix for it at www.symantec.com it's called FixKlez.com and it worked like a charm for me!  (I had no idea I had it until it killed my anitivirus program and firewall and other things!)   Wink

Just thought that info could possibly help...  

Did someone say get technical help at the official forums?  When pigs fly.   Tongue  (haven't had much luck there.)  

Asmo

P.S.  The Avon Lady's website has a bunch of tips that are much more useful than the official forums...  IMO..  
« Last Edit: 15 Dec 2002, 06:14:29 by Asmodeus » Logged
Mike_Beil
Former Staff

« Reply #7 on: 15 Dec 2002, 10:04:02 »

Thanks,  I will check that out.  I have been downloading a lot off kazaa lately,  So it may be a Klez.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topicPrint  

Jump to: