Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: T90 ???  (Read 5088 times)

OCOM_LMLVLM

T90 ???
« on: 25 Aug 2002, 11:04:23 »
In the last Forum Some one was working on a T90 MBT,  I just wanna know how is it comming ?

OCOM_LMLVLM

Re:T90 ???
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2002, 03:07:48 »
*BUMP*

ZIKAN

« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2002, 03:23:26 »
Well i hope some one can make one too! lol but can they also add the AAMG on the commanders turret, which is a feature that all the OFP tanks have been lacking.

Eviscerator

« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug 2002, 03:26:03 »
and will never have :) there cant be more than one firing point for a gun on a vehicle in ofp

OCOM_LMLVLM

« Reply #4 on: 29 Aug 2002, 03:33:07 »
can you make it so the gunner will be able to use it, and not the Commander. like you'll select teh NSV/Kord......and the gunner will go on the top of the turret. and use teh AAMG ??  ???

Eviscerator

« Reply #5 on: 29 Aug 2002, 03:37:02 »
nope, you can only have one gun firing point per vehicle....and on a tank its the cannon :)

OCOM_LMLVLM

« Reply #6 on: 29 Aug 2002, 03:38:38 »
ohh......thats sux  :-\

ZIKAN

« Reply #7 on: 29 Aug 2002, 12:46:31 »
yeah it does suck  :hmm:
 i was playing Battlefield 1942 last night and the tanks in that game have this feature of using the turret guns which is really cool addition, a little prone to snipers though  ::) lol

Wires

« Reply #8 on: 30 Aug 2002, 04:19:05 »
Evis if you mean there is only one point on a model where munitions can fire from you'd be wrong, just have a look at the Bradley. If you mean more than one crew member of a vehicle fireing a weapon however then yeah you're probably right, though I don't know much about that.

Wires

tai mai shu

« Reply #9 on: 30 Aug 2002, 06:12:30 »
yeah how about the coaxial machine gun???  that fires at a point seperate from the cannon.

or how about the rocket pods or missile racks on the planes/choppers?

those fire from COMPLETELY different firing points.

KiZZLE

« Reply #10 on: 30 Aug 2002, 08:22:06 »
I think what he meant was that you can't fire more than one weapon from a vehicle at a time.

OCOM_LMLVLM

« Reply #11 on: 30 Aug 2002, 08:45:01 »
Than you should be able to use an AAMGun, right ?  :-\

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #12 on: 30 Aug 2002, 11:03:51 »
You can only have one gunners position in one vehicle. That's what Evis meant. The 120mm and the coax MG are both fired from the same gunners position. Although not from the same spot on the vehicle.
The AAMG would require the gunner to switch places, which is impossible.
Or use a secondary gunner, which is also impossible.

If you think about it real hard, you'll find out that the only secondary gun (Not missile/rocket weapons) there is on any OFP vehicle is the coax MG.
You can have rockets (FFAR) fire from two separate positions.
But you can't have two MG's fire from separate positions.
Unless you do a workaround like quakergamer did, and use a different class when coding it.
That is IMO not a solution, since it's pretty crappy all in all. (NOTE: I am not raining on your parade quakergamer. I think your HMMWV is excellent, it's just that the work-around for the TOW is not very good. It's the best we can do, but it's still not good)

And yes, you can't fire more than one weapon at a time.

It all has to do with selections and proxies, things which you people unfortunately don't know anything about yet. Evis has been working with O2 for quite a while now, and he knows these things. (Oh, I know them as well...)
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

OCOM_LMLVLM

« Reply #13 on: 30 Aug 2002, 11:21:36 »
Thanks for the info KTottE  :)
P.S. did quakergamer  relased his HMMWV yet ??  :)

ZIKAN

« Reply #14 on: 30 Aug 2002, 23:30:29 »
I just wanna pursue this AAMG subject a little further lol

Ok your saying we cant have two MG's on a vehicle?
So could you have no coax MG but have the AAMG instead? not that it would be realistic thing to do however.

AAMG can be  used to engage targets on the ground also, the bigger calibre round would be excellent against light vehicles, so it wouldnt be a great loss to have no coax MG would it?
I think on some tanks the AAMG is radio controlled so it can be used safely from within the tank turret.