Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [SP] Up to No Good  (Read 7845 times)

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re: [SP] Up to No Good
« Reply #30 on: 06 Feb 2017, 16:14:08 »
It really depends upon how profane it is to me
Well, if you'd not rather do it then I'm pretty sure it is too profane..

Me doing the voice acting is out of the question so silent voices it is.
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #31 on: 23 May 2017, 21:05:22 »
Here's my test for this mission:

Overview

Good picture and descriptive text, but it says version 1.41 despite I clicked on the 1.45 link.

Briefing

Very tidy and informative as well.

Intro

Basically showing a conversation among an officer and snipers, but absolutely silent - no spoken lines, to title text, no nothing.

Mission

I like the sound effects (wind sound), are these custom?
I chose the castle ruins OP  and among the way I got to enjoy some radio message sounds, that are clearly computer-generated, but I have to say they do not sound as appalling as other machine voices.

I turned out that the castle ruins were crawling with enemy and upon contact, my mate and I automatically decided to exfil rather than to pursue the mission. I then opted for exfil point A.

However, at a distance of 1.2 kms into the exfil zone, the game suddenly froze. Reloading did not help.

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #32 on: 24 May 2017, 07:55:03 »
Thanks for testing :)

The problem is though that the mission is like 2 years old (the public version) so it has a ton of stuff that has been broken during that time. :(
Although, as a few months ago when I imported the mission into Eden I couldn't get the mission to freeze/crash as reported by you and Undeceived. It did however produce a literal ton of scripting errors so the problem may lay therein.

Basically showing a conversation among an officer and snipers, but absolutely silent - no spoken lines, to title text, no nothing.
Well that's a new one.
Never seen that happen myself, but it has been like 2 versions of A3 since  tested this last.

I hope I get to update this mission at some point, just have so much to do there are not enough hours in a day :(

Should probably remove the download link for the time being :P
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #33 on: 21 Nov 2023, 02:19:43 »
Well brother. Looks like your mission is on the slab for test/review next since it was posted first and your among the recent active. Good news too, if you want to finish it, I have a couple of boys and girls who are now adults who can serve as voice actors for your dialogue if you wish, as well as my redneck voice. My eldest son was a marine so, foul language is like a second skin to him. I have plans to have a proper recording mic by years end. Just let me know what you want to do.