Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A blast from the past  (Read 11264 times)

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re: A blast from the past
« Reply #15 on: 16 Nov 2017, 08:03:29 »
h- is certainly the faithful ole dog
Or, an idiot who just refuses to stop beating the dead horse even though there're only some bone fragments left  :scratch: :D

Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #16 on: 04 Dec 2017, 05:59:24 »
Well, either way, you're still committed, ya bastud.  :dry:  God bless ya h-, you're definitely the sticky stuff between the pages. :scratch:

Offline Undeceived

• Members
    • My missions and campaigns
« Reply #17 on: 03 Jan 2018, 17:23:04 »
I wish you all a happy new year. Yes, that's right, it's 2018 and these good old forums still work.

Btw. I'll need your help in this board anytime soon. :)
« Last Edit: 03 Jan 2018, 17:41:44 by Undeceived »
Current project: Black Lands (Arma 3)

Offline RichUK

• OFPEC Patron
  • Have fun!
« Reply #18 on: 04 Jan 2018, 02:31:09 »
Happy New Year to all from me too  :yes:

I am loving playing ArmA CWA, as original OFP, again after too many years.  I do have ArmA II and other goodies, and received new parts for my main computer, so will get that going soon, then on to ArmA 3 in a little while.

Offline DwightRan

• Members
« Reply #19 on: 17 Jan 2018, 18:50:48 »
Haven't played ArmA CWA in ages! Has it at all over the years, Rich? What's your rig going to look like by the way?
« Last Edit: 04 Nov 2021, 22:10:24 by DwightRan »

Offline RichUK

• OFPEC Patron
  • Have fun!
« Reply #20 on: 27 Jan 2018, 20:05:55 »
Hi @DwightRan. 

Well, I am just in the middle of moving into a new home, so do not have my main machine up and running yet (using a laptop ATM).  My PC is not terribly high spec and I was considering whether or not to upgrade the motherboard and CPU, but decided to just make the best of what I have for now and just upgraded the RAM to 16 GB of faster DD3 and bought an FX-8370 with Wraith Cooler, which is the best one I can use with my current motherboard.

Actually, in many ways my new laptop is actually better, it is a Dell XPS running a 7th gen i7, but I have not tried any ArmA stuff on it yet.  :whistle:

I also bought another SSD, this time a Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB so will use that specifically for Steam and ArmA stuff, to complement the SSD I am already using for my system C: drive.

As for ArmA CWA, I have had a lot of fun working through it all.  I have worked through all the campaign and standalone missions and even though the graphics, etc. are limited I loved doing all the OFP stuff again.  Later on I will work through my collection of old hard drives to find the stuff for a (rather overambitious) mission that I was working on many years ago.  I am determined to finish it, even if nobody else ever plays it except me!

At least I am retired, so can find some time to play.  It is amazing how many things I have to do during each day and I wonder how I ever found time to work for all those years  ???

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
« Reply #21 on: 14 Sep 2018, 09:04:24 »
I still visit the sight now and then, though until "now" the last "then" was nearly a year ago. I sill play around with OFP and ARMA series mission making and addons, but family life takes priority. I actually just replayed Abandoned Armies a few weeks ago. It is definitely one of the best OFP missions and very re-playable because of its complexity.

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #22 on: 25 Dec 2018, 22:35:29 »
How do you use this "forum".. there's no like button..

Bedges!! Where are you mate?!?!! We need the Malden Chain!!!  :dunno:

A whole geneneration has passed since this game (yeah, you know which one I mean) was released and I really really need to bond with my oldest son who is 14 now. He was infant when I was reviewing missions and this inflame true, my current ex-wife bitching me about playing too much. Maybe she was right. But she's not here anymore  :D I got my boy interested into OFP and it's a chance I don't want to miss.

The problem is... How do I get it to work on win10 g'daem!?!

Love you lots,  :-*
-Artak
Not all is lost.

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #23 on: 26 Dec 2018, 19:06:16 »
 :welcome:
"Hauska tappa vanha tuttu."

How do I get it to work on win10 g'daem!?!
By installing the 1.99 version. At least works for me.. You probably need to slow the mouse settings a bit though.  :)

Bedges!! Where are you mate?!?!!
I'd assume he won't be answering, he's long gone..
I mean from OFPEC, probably alive and well somewhere in the real world.
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.