Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Arma 4 and Arma Reforger  (Read 2563 times)

Offline RichUK

• OFPEC Patron
  • Have fun!
Arma 4 and Arma Reforger
« on: 15 Jun 2022, 07:59:01 »

Hi all  :welcome:

Are you as excited as me that Arma 4 is under development?   :clap:

Don't hold your breath for it though, it will be a long wait!  The good news is that there is an interim release now using the new engine called Arma Reforger (an Early Access Game).  I actually bought it on Steam, but then found out that my ancient graphics card does not support DirectX: Version 12 properly, so I got a refund while I am waiting for a new card to arrive that does support it.

Here are some links to find out more:

Arma 4

Arma Reforger

Offline Inlesco

• Members
      Re: Arma 4 and Arma Reforger
      « Reply #1 on: 02 Jul 2023, 09:40:10 »
      Hey RichUK! Did you manage to get a new GPU for running modern Arma properly? :D

Arma Reforger seems to be shaping up pretty nice now. This week there's been a big update on the Experimental branch of the game, so it's worth to check it out (they've added weapon resting, a proper medical system and whatnot).

I'm up for going on a session of Arma Reforger, if anybody here fancies it here, too. Haven't played it in a while, but as mentioned above, the recent update on Experimental branch is awesome and very promising.

Offline nightjay

• Members
      • Long Live Arma!
      « Reply #2 on: 02 Jul 2023, 20:28:29 »
      Hey what's up RichUK and Inlesco. It's been a long time. This is nightjay0044 my old acct i use this one now.  :cool2:. Gruntage told me that u were back Inlesco and drop u a msg. As i see  your post about Arma4 Rich and so hyped about it. Gruntage and I were talking about possibly getting something going for Arma3 & Arma4, making missions and what else. We could possibly get a discord channel going or something if you all want. Just an idea. Great catching up with you guys.  :clap: I'm down to possibly doing some reforge play I do have to buy the game tho as mostly beeen playing arma3. let me know what u guys think.
      "Trying to get AI do what you want in Arma3 is like going to the dentist to get teeth
      pulled while doing algebra, lol.

Offline Inlesco

• Members
      « Reply #3 on: 03 Jul 2023, 18:56:46 »
      Gruntage and I were talking about possibly getting something going for Arma3 & Arma4, making missions and what else. We could possibly get a discord channel going or something if you all want. Just an idea.

Sounds great! I'm all up for it, now that the time allows. Whenever Arma Reforger gets another breakthrough in content and platform functionality (maybe a mission editor will appear this or next year, huh?), we can jump on the bandwagon and proceed from there.

I still recall the incredible excitement in the community back when Arma 3 Alpha was released in 2013 March (or April?). It was an amazing time, with tons of new community members coming in and creating content.

The same should happen again when Arma 4 Early Access / Alpha hits, I'm sure of it!