Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Character stuff (Heads/Proxys/configs)  (Read 2407 times)

Offline uk_sapwn

• Members
Character stuff (Heads/Proxys/configs)
« on: 17 Mar 2014, 18:05:23 »
Hi there,

I have been playing arma2 since just after its release.
I have recently started modding for A2/OA and am getting along quite well with it, however i have now got to a point where i am stuck and it seems that not many people can help with the problem i have.

I have got a little help from BIS forums and Armaholic, but not so much to fix my problem or to educate me enough to fix it myself :P

The problem i have is with a Character i am creating is, The Head.

I have a character that is 1.33x larger in all aspects to an original ARMAMAN and have created animations at that scale.
This all works well.

I can't however get my "Bysta proxy" to show on the model(ingame - o2 is fine), the game seems to use the default/standard position head (appears in the chest).

In my head P3d i have scaled the head accordingly, and extracting the proxy on the MAN model in o2 yields the desired results (yes!).

I am unsure how to make my man model use my head i have scaled, instead of the default one.
so far by bodging configs together, I've managed to get a head disconnected and sat in between my feet, and it to disappear all together, these as you see are both backward steps.

Thank you very much for any help, however i understand should you not be able to.

Kind Regards,

Mark Turner

PS; for info purposes and for the posting of configs, we can assume the head model is called "Xhead" and is located in its own PBO called "Xhead.pbo" (\Xhead\Xhead.p3d) along with a Model.cfg and a config.cpp (the content of these is what is under discussion). In o2 the proxy would be called "Proxy...*Path*\Xhead.001".
Etc etc, if any more info is needed, please let me know and ill update.

Offline uk_sapwn

• Members
Re: Character stuff (Heads/Proxys/configs)
« Reply #1 on: 17 Mar 2014, 21:26:19 »
Okay, iv found a few more bits of info,

Code: [Select]
identityTypes[] =
and

Code: [Select]
class EventHandlers: EventHandlers {
   init = "this setface ""changethis""";
   HandleIdentity = 1;
};

and i hear they may be relevant to using a different head.

i just dont know how to put it all together. i think i have all/most of the info, just need help building/compiling the configs.

and does "setface" still work in A2:OA?