Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Tank open fire on an object?  (Read 2040 times)

Offline Rytuklis

• Members
Tank open fire on an object?
« on: 18 May 2013, 13:39:35 »
I have built a building called "Barracks". I want my tank called t1 to shoot and destroy the barracks, however when i do t1 doTarget barracks; t1 dofire barracks nothing happens. Help?

Offline Lone~Wolf

• Mission Tools & Mods
  • Members
  • Vladimir Dmitri Mikhail Andreevich Stamenov
Re: Tank open fire on an object?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2013, 19:08:59 »
And I take it that you don't want to use any mods? (See, there's a good mod called Invisible Targets that do just this kind of thing.)

One workaround that immediately comes to mind (but a horrible one) is to make a gamelogic or HeliHEmpty off in the corner of the map and go into the Mission.sqm file and change its allegiance from Civilian or whatever to East or West. Then when you want the barracks destroyed, setpos it to just in front of the barracks where the tank should shoot. Might work, try it out.
Snarling creature, lurking in the background, still writing in .sqs

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
Re: Tank open fire on an object?
« Reply #2 on: 07 Aug 2013, 09:07:42 »
another workaround would be to simple have a truck or a bmp with no ammo empty by the barracks, have a trigger for enemey soldiers to enter along with the dowatch dofire and also Barracks setdamage 1 then delete anything you dont want lying around, or use a createVehicle setpos. if its in a cutscene Id use a Mando script :) . i dont really have an answer to this, i was just passing though,,,, hope thats right, its off the top of my head,,,,
« Last Edit: 07 Aug 2013, 09:19:59 by schuler »
Semper Fi