Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [Solved] Crash after dying  (Read 1816 times)

Offline ChumyXD

• Members
[Solved] Crash after dying
« on: 02 Apr 2013, 09:00:57 »
Hello. First than nothing, im relatively new to OFP editing, so, if i miss something, just tell me what, and i add it.

So, after a lot of experiments, i would say that i finished my first mission. I tested it, the objectives worked fine, the end too, but, if i die after ending at least one objective, the game crashes, and it ends with a black screen, with the following error message:
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2013, 00:28:18 by ChumyXD »
Not sure if that unknown vehicle is a civilian tractor, or an enemy T-80...

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re: Crash after dying
« Reply #1 on: 02 Apr 2013, 10:25:04 »
Welcome to OFPEC :welcome:

That error appears to be caused by a script 'onPlayerKilled.sqs', included in the game and it's run when the player dies. So it's basically a minor bug in the game i guess, never seen it myself though.. :dunno:
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

« Reply #2 on: 02 Apr 2013, 12:03:54 »
hello! following h- post, did you already try to copy again the "scripts.pbo" file from your OFP cd to the "DTA" folder located in your main OFP directory and overwrite that file from cd to old file on your hard disk?
« Last Edit: 02 Apr 2013, 12:08:23 by Doktor Headshot »
? (this == thinkable) : this = scriptable

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #3 on: 03 Apr 2013, 00:24:22 »
Interesting that this has only happened to you.
_animace is a local variable declared just 2 lines before your posted line of code inside the same script and should never occur unless someone has altered the code. It may be worth it to unpbo your scripts.pbo file inside the DTA folder in your Operation Flashpoint directory and see if the code inside the onPlayerKilled.sqs matches the code below.
&2

titleCut["", "BLACK OUT",1]
&3
_animace = ["deathDefault.sqs", "death1.sqs"]

_this exec ( _animace select ( random ( (count _animace) - 0.5 ) ) )

exit
If it doesn't, then perhaps following Doktor Headshots advice could work out the problem.
You can use Mikero's Eliteness to unpack your scripts.pbo and take a look.

If that doesn't work out the problem, or you have a digital copy of the game that you have downloaded somewhere, perhaps it was a corrupted file download. In which case, an obvious reinstall is in order.

Keep us informed.

Offline ChumyXD

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 04 Apr 2013, 04:20:52 »
Welcome to OFPEC :welcome:

That error appears to be caused by a script 'onPlayerKilled.sqs', included in the game and it's run when the player dies. So it's basically a minor bug in the game i guess, never seen it myself though.. :dunno:
Thanks  :D

So it was no error during the creation of the mission... But is strange that the bug only happened to me, though.

hello! following h- post, did you already try to copy again the "scripts.pbo" file from your OFP cd to the "DTA" folder located in your main OFP directory and overwrite that file from cd to old file on your hard disk?

I would like to try, but i have CWA version, the one that can be downloaded from BIS Community wiki. Thanks anyway.

Interesting that this has only happened to you.
_animace is a local variable declared just 2 lines before your posted line of code inside the same script and should never occur unless someone has altered the code. It may be worth it to unpbo your scripts.pbo file inside the DTA folder in your Operation Flashpoint directory and see if the code inside the onPlayerKilled.sqs matches the code below.
&2

titleCut["", "BLACK OUT",1]
&3
_animace = ["deathDefault.sqs", "death1.sqs"]

_this exec ( _animace select ( random ( (count _animace) - 0.5 ) ) )

exit
If it doesn't, then perhaps following Doktor Headshots advice could work out the problem.
You can use Mikero's Eliteness to unpack your scripts.pbo and take a look.

If that doesn't work out the problem, or you have a digital copy of the game that you have downloaded somewhere, perhaps it was a corrupted file download. In which case, an obvious reinstall is in order.

Keep us informed.

I unpacked the scripts.pbo, then checked the onPlayerKilled.sqs, and it displayed the same code. Im downloading the OFP installer, and test if the problem disappears.
Thanks to all who answered me, have a good evening.

EDIT: It looks like reinstalling solved the problem. Thanks for all the help!
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2013, 00:27:59 by ChumyXD »
Not sure if that unknown vehicle is a civilian tractor, or an enemy T-80...