Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Need a hand, or two.  (Read 4164 times)

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
Need a hand, or two.
« on: 11 Mar 2013, 19:42:56 »
In the past versions of Arma came with them a Deathmatch style Area limit. I think many of you know what I meant, it would limit players to a certain area and if they went outside of this, they'd be killed/teleported or my favorite turned in to an animal.

Now then!

My idea is simple, I am in works with ideas of creating a Hide and Seek style game mode/mission. I've done missions before, but that was over two years ago now so I'll be taking my time here. But! I require someone to point me in the right direction for to make this Deathmatch style Area limit. So that the hider cannot leave a set zone.

I'll start with that, because my second need is a system that'll randomize an extraction point after a set time through the parameters.

Need more information? ask away!

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: Need a hand, or two.
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2013, 02:15:56 »
You have only to use a trigger or two to detect the presence or absence of a unit and thus execute a script or command line.

Please, rename your thread title to be more descriptive of the subject matter so that future members can find what they need easier.

Try searching for topics on triggers, boundaries, spawns, zones, etc.

Check out the COMREF for commands to use in those triggers, the Missions Depot, that may have missions resembling what you need(all prior titles are relevant), or the Editors Depot where hundreds of scripts, functions and tutorials already exist for you to download and browse through.
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2013, 02:19:30 by savedbygrace »