Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mod tools for Arma 3  (Read 4678 times)

Offline ZapBrannigan

• Members
Mod tools for Arma 3
« on: 16 Feb 2013, 05:46:10 »
Hello,

Since Arma 3 has been delayed yet again until probably late 2013. I wanted to get a head start on addons for it. My question is,  what mod tools will be used for arma 3 and are they certain to be used? I don't want to start creating something only to have arma 3 use an entirely different set of tools in the release.

Thank you

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: Mod tools for Arma 3
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2013, 19:17:12 »
Hey Zap,
I don't know a great deal about addons but if they've been porting models and such from OFP and Arma to Arma2, as well as creating models in other applications and porting them to O2, I feel quite confident that it becomes more of a configuration issue to make those models work inside the new updated RVE.

This BI forums would probably serve you better in this subject matter.

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: Mod tools for Arma 3
« Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2013, 15:45:58 »
Yeah, no-one can know exactly what the tools for A3 are going to look like yet, but they'll probably be different in a whole slew of ways, so I wouldn't go ahead and start configuring things just yet unless you want to do a lot repeat work.  :no:

What you can do however is modelling. As far as I know you can import various formats into O2, including 3DS Max and such, so any work you do with that + with textures is likely to be fully useable once the tools are out.

This is all conjecture of course, but that's the way it's worked before!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Darrinzkxi

• Members
Mod tools for Arma 3
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jun 2015, 11:45:34 »
Found it too but since i dont know what credits are used for give it to someone that does