Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Custom animation issue [SOLVED]  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Lenyoga

• Professor of Misanthropology
  • Members
Custom animation issue [SOLVED]
« on: 18 Jan 2013, 00:53:00 »
For anyone who ever experienced their guns being at wrong positions after adding certain animation files - it's a problem with the .rtm's - I suspect it's something that happens if you create new animations instead of editing those from the game.

Good evening,
I'm experiencing some sort of bug again. I've recently added a custom animation (for a melee attack) under CfgMovesMC in the config of an add-on. The animation works fine so far, but the problem is that every single unit's primary weapon is displaced now - they're facing 90 degrees up instead of resting in people's hands.
I can't see any rational explanation for it, maybe there's something in the code I didn't see, or something I didn't know not to do. Maybe it's because the .cpp file is not binarized (which causes the issue with handgun animations)

Edit: Binarizing the cpp does not work. Will try adding it to the mod's main cpp.
Edit 2: Simply copying it in the main cpp has the same effects. Still no progress. Might try to replace an original animation with it.
Edit 3: So, it's not the cpp, it's the rtm file. Did I miss to do anything important when creating the file with ofp anim?

Edit 4: It's confirmed, the file is corrupted, in a way. I don't know how, though. If I try editing other rtms, I get the "[Apply Edit] not found" error message. There's something wrong with OFPAnim right now.

Edit 5: Done it. Used an old animation file I made years ago. Works perfectly fine. No messy workarounds, no dirty bypassing, just a normal, AI compatible melee weapon.

« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2013, 02:00:49 by Lenyoga »
As a grandmother I've got lots of gold.