Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Script check for dead bodies and crows flying over it  (Read 1853 times)

Offline Odyseus

• Members
Hello guys! My name is Odyseus and I m new to this forum and scripting. Therefore i was hopping with yyall help. I need a script that will check for any dead bodies, then it will count a specific time, if body still there then it will set crows over it.  Any ideas? is it even possible?
« Last Edit: 24 Jul 2012, 20:19:21 by Odyseus »

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: Script check for dead bodies and crows flying over it
« Reply #1 on: 05 Aug 2012, 10:53:22 »
Heya!

This is probably possible using BIS_fnc_crows, albeit slightly convoluted. Hmm. This is how I'd suggest you do it:

First, add the Functions Module to your mission (F7-Modules). The crows function needs the Functions module to work.

After that, add an eventhandler to any unit you want to spawn crows around upon death (in their init fields f.e:)

Code: [Select]
this addeventhandler ["killed", {sleep 120; _n=[(_this select 0),20,8,20] call bis_fnc_crows;}];
This will spawn 8 crows 20 meters around and 20 meters in the air around the dead person 120 seconds after they've died. I think. Untested, but it ought to work. Give it a try!

Wolfrug out.

"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re: Script check for dead bodies and crows flying over it
« Reply #2 on: 06 Aug 2012, 15:49:57 »
Aand just in to point out that we have gathered some of the useful BIS functions in our ED too, including the mentioned BIS_fnc_crows:angel:
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.