Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: overwrite a config.bin file value?  (Read 2651 times)

Offline ukplayer

• Members
overwrite a config.bin file value?
« on: 12 Jul 2012, 00:13:26 »
Hello.

I am stuck, currently i have a LAN version of DayZ mod and of course at night it's pitch black, i would like to get the lights turned back on.
In the files for dayz client side is a file called dayz_code which i unpack and then view the config.bin file.

I use Unrap to open up the files for editing.
Now inside the file is the config.cpp which has a line to #include confignonAIvehicles.
He (the dev) lists the lights in this confignonAIvehicles file, so all i do is remove the #include line from the config.

After this i repack it, and the lights work,  but only for me.
Is there anyway i can get my lan server to overide the config.bin - maybe i can light up the lights somewhere else through the mission?

any help please..?

Offline Worldeater

• Former Staff
  • Suum cuique
Re: overwrite a config.bin file value?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2012, 23:20:21 »
IIRC only an (activated) Addon can override the config settings. If this is correct...

1. You could tell your players to use your modified dayz_code.pbo.
2. You could create a tiny addon that reverts DayZ' light config and tell your players to install it.
3. You could modify the server code and spawn players with NVGs. ;)
4. If you're truly determined you could modify the server code and spawn all those lights manually.

There are other solutions... I think... :)
try { return true; } finally { return false; }

Offline ukplayer

• Members
Re: overwrite a config.bin file value?
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2012, 07:06:14 »
Thanks for the tips.
I went for the easy option and just spawn them in a custom loadout with nvg's when they join the server (easiest way for now).

I would love to learn how to get another mod to overide it though, that would be awesome but way over my head at my scripting level, i can do some scripting with the help of the net and learn bits and pieces but it takes time to learn.

Do you know of any such mods that would do that for the lights?