Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: help with advanced CAMERA effects  (Read 1640 times)

Offline DLEGION

• Members
help with advanced CAMERA effects
« on: 27 Jun 2012, 14:28:49 »
well....in my posts noone helped so i don't think this time will be different....anyway i've no ideas so i try anyway.....

i need to make a cinematic "movie", with advanced triggerings (not generic time delay, i need camera start exactly when a trigger allow it), rotations, zoom, ecc... all features that i remember were in OFP....now i can't find them (probably because its all scripted).

if you have any tutorial or suggestion please tell me, thanks!

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re: help with advanced CAMERA effects
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2012, 21:53:33 »
The easiest way to go about this is to to unpbo some user made or BIS official mission that has cutscene(s) in it and take a look at how it's done.

Also you might wanna familiarise yourself with sqf scriptingcamera.sqs.
The tutorial is valid for Arma2 too, the same control stuff etc are there.

What you need to be aware of is that in Arma you have to kinda "pre-render" the cutscene because the game uses data streaming and without doing that "pre-rendering" your cutscenes would show objects that slowly morph from lowest detail into the highest detail etc annoyances.

This is why there are two sets of camera related scripting commands.
Scrolling down this list You will see the commands like camPrepareTarget, these are used for the "pre-rendering" and then the commands without the 'prepare' part are the actual camera controlling commands.

Unfortunately I can't really help any further because I have not made one single cutscene post-OFP so I'm not completely sure how these work.

Also, do these cutscenes even work in MP missions ???
Just wondering since you're posting in the MP specific board..
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline DLEGION

• Members
Re: help with advanced CAMERA effects
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2012, 20:46:19 »
thanks for your help man!

i will try the UNPBO way...
the problem will be that complex scripts are too much for my understanding....anyway i will try!

thanks bye!

for now the most important part for me is :
inside a camera script, let a trigger (in the editor) switch from a view to another....hope someone know the trick...