Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Is it possible to put a Scenario into editor?  (Read 2162 times)

Offline Jack48271

• Members
Is it possible to put a Scenario into editor?
« on: 08 Jun 2012, 15:29:17 »
I can script Sqf pretty well and I am great with the editor, but I'd love to put a scenario into the editor to fool around with it! If you know how please explain how I do it.

Offline Worldeater

• Former Staff
  • Suum cuique
Re: Is it possible to put a Scenario into editor?
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jun 2012, 16:45:07 »
Hi Jack48271,

Welcome to OPFEC! :)

All scenarios that ship with A2 (like "Trial By Fire", "Freedom Fighters", etc.) are compressed and cannot be loaded into the mission editor without uncompressing them first.

In order to uncompress them you need some 3rd party tool like Eliteness.

Once you got the tools go to your Arma2 folder (on my box that's "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2"). Go to the "AddOns" folder. This is the folder where all the important game data lives. Since it's important game data you don't want to change it.

So copy all the PBO files that start with "mission" (here that's "missions.pbo" and "missions_ew.pbo") to your Desktop and uncompress them. Some new folders will show up (like "missions" and "missions_ew"). Open them and navigate to "ca\missions\Scenarios".

Voila! These are the missions you've been looking for.

All you got to do now is to copy them to your mission folder (e.g. "C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Arma 2\missions"), start Arma2, enter the editor and load them.

HTH.

try { return true; } finally { return false; }

Offline Jack48271

• Members
Re: Is it possible to put a Scenario into editor?
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jun 2012, 18:18:47 »
I'm sorry i'm getting rather confused, is there a video?