Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Camera Target Loop..??  (Read 1480 times)

Offline ahmed117

• Members
  • The 3d!t0R -=I.S.I=-
Camera Target Loop..??
« on: 18 May 2012, 08:29:09 »
Hi Guys,
               I jumped up again in the world of OPF after a long time..  :D . Anyway, I've got a question of the camera loop, that how can we set a loop of a certain target . for example, we want to set the camera target on a driver of a jeep and the camera should remain fixed over the driver? So, how to make a loop or anything else for this?

Thank you,

Ahmed.

YouLikeHits.com
« Last Edit: 05 Jul 2012, 14:56:04 by ahmed117 »
The 3d!t0R            -=O.F.P.E.C=-                                                         -=I.S.I=-

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • How do I get outta this chickensh*t outfit?
Re: Camera Target Loop..??
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2012, 08:53:37 »
You basically use a loop within the camera script, with a condition for when you want the loop to stop. For example:

Code: [Select]
#LOOP

? showt72: goto "NEXT"

_camera camSetTarget a101
_camera camSetRelPos [-1.27,+7,+1.6]
_camera camsetFOV 1.300
_camera camCommit 0
@camcommitted _camera

goto "LOOP"

'showt72' is the variable that cancels the loop. This example was taken from one of my missions. 'Showt72' was made true when the planes reached a certain point on the map (when they entered a trigger).

The example above basically keeps the camera at a certain point in relation to a vehicle (see the command: CamSetRelPos in the COMREF).

There are a few scripts out there (see editors depot) that do the same job. I only needed a small loop for only a short amount of time and this seemed to be the most efficient method.

Hope this helps
Gruntage
"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba

Offline ahmed117

• Members
  • The 3d!t0R -=I.S.I=-
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2012, 10:20:43 »
Bro! I pasted this line in the middle of the script...

#LOOP

_camera camSetTarget peterson
_camera camSetRelPos [-1.27,-0.1,0.5]
_camera camsetFOV 0.700
_camera camCommit 0
@camcommitted _camera

goto "LOOP"

but still the camera don't shows the relevant target, how do I fix it? I want the Camera to fix on the driver of the jeep..  :( the driver's name is Peterson...
The 3d!t0R            -=O.F.P.E.C=-                                                         -=I.S.I=-

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • How do I get outta this chickensh*t outfit?
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2012, 10:25:48 »
Try replacing 'peterson' with:

driver _vehicle
where _vehicle is the name of the vehicle being used. You'll obviously need to alter the relpos values a little bit.

If that doesn't work, just target the vehicle and move the camera around so that it looks like it's facing where the driver is.
"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba

Offline ahmed117

• Members
  • The 3d!t0R -=I.S.I=-
« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2012, 05:42:16 »
Sir, you gave a best idea for the loop.. but it was not working for me. But I took little help from the COMREF and I Modified it a little, and now its working for me... they are something like this..
#LOOP

_camera camSetTarget getpos jeep1
_camera camSetRelPos [5,-0.01,1]
_camera camsetFOV 0.700
_camera camCommit 0
@camcommitted _camera
goto "LOOP"

#NEXT

while jeep1 was my target to be shown in the cam... Thank you for your help.Sir . :)