Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Weapon addon breakdown request  (Read 2328 times)

Offline Lothar

• Members
Weapon addon breakdown request
« on: 14 May 2012, 19:35:18 »
Hi fellas,

First post, be gentle :)

I'm an experienced games artist, and I really want to get an M1 Garand asset I have into Arma 2. I've tried incredibly hard to get my head around the process, but I just cannot seem to understand it. What I'm looking for is a breakdown of the steps required to take my finished 3D model and the textures, which are already completed, and get that into a fully functioning weapon in Arma 2. Where do I take it, and what must I do/create/edit for it in order to have a functioning M1 Garand with custom sounds and an animated bolt moving back and forth as the weapon is fired? Where/in what file/programs are each aspect of a functional weapon defined?

Coming from a background working with CryEngine 3 and Unreal Engine, where things are tailored for simplicity for the artist, the process for Arma 2 seems incredibly long winded, complex and difficult to understand. I really, really want to get my head around it, but at the moment I'm struggling to get an overview and to see how it all fits together.

Thanks
Lothar