Missions Depot > Arma2 - Reviewed Missions

[SP/A2CO] Initial Entry version 1.0 (REVIEW COMPLETE)

(1/2) > >>

mathias_eichinger:
Hi folks,

here comes a follow up mission for Operation Aqua Lion where some reserve marines are tasked to create a beachhead on Chernarus mainland.

No known bugs spotted by me during this version, no addons required.
Have fun and please provide feedback.

EDIT: Thanks to the helpful beta test by SaOK, I can provide Beta 3 of my mission.

EDIT 2: Due to no further feedback and not bugs spotted by myself, I ask for a review of this one.

Wiki:
couldn't play the mission a lot, but here is my feedback ftm:

-add weapon selection at briefing screen.
-make different objectives -1)barrack 2)control tower 3)airport 4)balota- instead of 1 big objective, it would be better.
-when the AI respawn, we have the hint "AI respawn".
search in the AI Respawn folder and files to remove it. there is a line, maybe in the init respawn file...
-I think you should remove the AI respawn

morefeedback to come

Willsdorf:
Hello,
I play in vanilla.

Intro

The intro doesn't work for me. I have an error message about "titletext".
Maybe make an intro in a briefingroom, like in the first mission in arma 2 campaign.

Briefing

No problem with the briefing but maybe separate the airport objective and the harbourg objective in the task.

Mission

It's a nice mission.
You must remove the hint "AI respawn" and place the respawn marker far away. The ennemy squad spawn directly in front of us.

The first Su25 isn't locked  :whistle: , I don't test the others.

mathias_eichinger:
Thanks to Wiki and Willsdorf, I can provide Beta 2 of my mission. Please refer to the first post for download and have fun with it.

SaOk:
Hello,

I played the mission trough in 13 minutes, cool atmosphere still very easy mission. I basically ran from task to next without facing much resistance and the units in hangars/storages were sitting ducks. If they have skill set to zero, it could be much higher. There could more challenges that would put player in real danger, e.g. air support could be cut off, and player would need to ambush some attaking tanks. With the available gear, I had 10 men with AT-launchers but there was no need for one.

Intro feeled long with the camera attached to the AI vehicle that drove really slow and drunk, before crashing into shilka. Could be more cameras in that, some more scenes. The outro was better and looked good, only flaw was a tanks driving over friendly soldier. The infantry could be moved more far from those.

Mission started with this error:

--- Code: ---Error in expression <act fast and aggressive.","Plain Down"];~8>
  Error position: <~8>
  Error Invalid number in expression
--- End code ---

Also there was no custom identity. Else all worked good. Expanding the mission with more radiochatting and extra more challening tasks would make it feel more complete.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version