Advertisement

Author Topic: Check how many kills  (Read 232 times)

Offline Mad Pup

• One Who Asks A Lot.
  • Members
  • OFPEC Is Awesome
Check how many kills
« on: 10 Apr 2012, 02:32:50 »
I would like to know, how to keep track of a soldiers kills. For instance, one a soldier has 5 kills, he is able to use more weapons, and once he has 10 kills, he is able to use even more weapons.
Thanks!

-Mad Pup
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his" - General Patton
[SH]MadPup
[SH]Squad

Offline Gruntage

• How do I get outta this chickensh*t outfit?
Re: Check how many kills
« Reply #1 on: 10 Apr 2012, 09:18:06 »
Ah, an age old question. There have been several solutions but the best one is the usage of 'killed' eventhandlers.

After doing some searching I came across this bit o' code:

Code: [Select]
{_x addeventhandler ["killed",{[_this select 1,player] exec "killcount.sqs"}]} forEach thislist  ;
Put that in an east trigger covering the whole map.

_this select 1 = the unit killed
player is the unit who killed the guy with the eventhandler

killcount.sqs

_killer = _this select 0
_unit = _this select 1

?(!_killer == _unit):exit

kills = kills + 1

Init.sqs

kills = 0

Syntax not guaranteed. The solution I found used a different script entirely. There is a way to track all kills made, but I'm assuming you want to track the kills of only one unit.

To check when the global variable 'kills' reaches 10,20,30 etc, I think all you need to do is make a trigger that has:

?(kills == 30)
in the condition field, and then put whatever you want in the activation field.

As I said, none of this is guaranteed, but it looked to me like the best solution. Off the top of my head though I can't see why any of this can't work, but then I haven't had a chance to test any of it.

By the way, Mad Pup, I suggest you make use of the search feature. You'd be surprised how many of your questions can be answered this way.

Regards,
Gruntage
Some of the most memorable missions made involve the player doing very little...

"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba