Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Intro end automatically, PLz help!!  (Read 1892 times)

Offline ahmed117

• Members
  • The 3d!t0R -=I.S.I=-
[SOLVED] Intro end automatically, PLz help!!
« on: 01 Feb 2012, 16:22:09 »
Guys, I have another problem, I am making an Intro of a mission, the problem is...that the intro end automatically after sometime...?I don't know why is this happening, The cutscene I create, ends in the middle, wht do I do? :weeping: actually sir, there are two scripts been used in one intro, both scripts are as follows.
« Last Edit: 03 Feb 2012, 08:27:50 by ahmed117 »
The 3d!t0R            -=O.F.P.E.C=-                                                         -=I.S.I=-

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • How do I get outta this chickensh*t outfit?
Re: Intro end automatically, PLz help!!
« Reply #1 on: 01 Feb 2012, 16:29:53 »
It's very difficult to find out why if we don't have the intro script to see. Please could you post your script into your first post so we can have a look. We can only speculate what the problem is if we don't have the script.
"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba

Offline ahmed117

• Members
  • The 3d!t0R -=I.S.I=-
« Reply #2 on: 01 Feb 2012, 17:31:51 »
Sir, I've posted those scripts in first post.
The 3d!t0R            -=O.F.P.E.C=-                                                         -=I.S.I=-

« Reply #3 on: 01 Feb 2012, 17:41:26 »
I think the problem deals with a matter of triggers... I dare to say timed triggers.
However, is not clear what ahmed117 means about "intro automatically ending" because he doesn't specify if he refers to the fact that camera end and intro still plays without camera or to the fact that intro ends and it shows the player mission briefing screen...
? (this == thinkable) : this = scriptable

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 01 Feb 2012, 18:06:13 »
If what you say is true Doktor then the best solution is to simply answer the question:

'How to end an intro?'

If we do that, then I'm sure Ahmed will work out for himself exactly what is wrong.

To end the camera part of an intro, simply put this at the end of the intro script:

Code: [Select]
_camera cameraeffect ["terminate", "back"]
camdestroy _camera

You will also need to put something along the lines of:

end = true
...at the end of the script as well

In order for the actual intro to end and to progress to the mission, you will need to make a End #1 trigger, with 'end' in the condition field.

So basically when the intro script ends, the trigger condition is made true, which is what ends the intro.

Those two things are all you need to end the intro. You don't need timed triggers (unless ofc you are making triggers with camera shots as the 'on activation').

Also Ahmed, when I said put your intro scripts in your first post I meant for you to use the 'insert code' feature  :P
« Last Edit: 01 Feb 2012, 18:07:48 by Gruntage »
"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba

« Reply #5 on: 01 Feb 2012, 18:23:06 »
If what you say is true Doktor then the best solution is to simply answer the question

Please, I would like to point I didn't mean to be/sound rude (if I ever did).

I gave that reply because after reading both of the scripts and seeing that he already put lines:

_cam cameraeffect ["terminate", "back"]
camdestroy _camera

at the end of each script - before you correctly suggested to do in your last post - I thought the problem was about a matter of timed trigger connected to End#1 and maybe with "Max", "Mid", "Min" parameters set with different values so cutscene was ending before expected time (as he said that "the cutscene he created, ends in the middle" and not after proper time)...
« Last Edit: 01 Feb 2012, 18:32:11 by Doktor Headshot »

Offline ahmed117

• Members
  • The 3d!t0R -=I.S.I=-
« Reply #6 on: 01 Feb 2012, 20:01:19 »
But sir, I know how to end an Intro, just the problem attacking me is that the Intro is ending itself, that I don't want I want my Intro to end manually.

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 01 Feb 2012, 20:07:14 »
@Doktor: You didn't sound rude. I was just stating that if we answered the question of how to end an intro, Ahmed would solve the problem himself (by comparing what he should have and what he doesn't/shouldn't have)

@Ahmed

Ok, I need some clarification here. Where are you doing your intro? The mission, or the intro section?

Second, if the intro is in the intro section then the player can terminate the intro himself with the 'escape' key (but why would he need to do that?), or the intro can end itself using the methods I suggested earlier.

Thirdly, if the intro is in the mission itself then you will need to use the methods that Doktor put on another similar thread.

Lastly, if you don't mind my asking, why do you want to end the intro manually?

I need to know these things because it's hard to solve a problem if you don't know precisely where the problem lies. There could be two solutions to the problem, but they depend on where exactly the intro scripts are run from.
« Last Edit: 01 Feb 2012, 20:09:02 by Gruntage »

Offline ahmed117

• Members
  • The 3d!t0R -=I.S.I=-
« Reply #8 on: 02 Feb 2012, 09:23:03 »
Ok, I need some clarification here. Where are you doing your intro? The mission, or the intro section?
Sir, I have made my intro in the Intro section of the mission. As, it is a cutscene so it is supposed to end after 3 mins, as my cutscene has a length of 3 mins. But I don't know why? my cutscene...Infact, the whole intro ends automatically after 30secs.

Second, if the intro is in the intro section then the player can terminate the intro himself with the 'escape' key (but why would he need to do that?), or the intro can end itself using the methods I suggested earlier.

yes Sir you are right, The player can terminate it by rather putting the line in the end of the script of cutscene like Doktor said:

camdestroy _camera

Or if the player feels Intro the wastage of time, he can end it manually by pressing ESC key.

Thirdly, if the intro is in the mission itself then you will need to use the methods that Doktor put on another similar thread.

yes sir, I have written all the lines, to destroy the camera of cutscene, but still the Intro ends automatically in middle of the cutscene. it is supposed to end after 3 mins after the original ending of my Intro cutscene.

Lastly, if you don't mind my asking, why do you want to end the intro manually?

Actually I meant, that Intro should be ended with the script, not automatically!! as I can end the Intro by pressing ESC.'

In short: The Cutscene of my Intro is of 3mins, so the Intro should be ended after 3mins... But the cutscene ends automatically after 30 - 60 secs, I don't know why, the full Intro Movie can't be seen.

« Reply #9 on: 02 Feb 2012, 10:03:51 »
Lol mates... This issue was something really simple to solve (I think)... We all didn't see that he accidentaly used different variables (_cam and _camera) at the ending lines of "intro1.sqs" script and those lines passed unnoticed in two quotes since my very first one.

yes Sir you are right, The player can terminate it by rather putting the line in the end of the script of cutscene like Doktor said:

Code:

camdestroy _camera

Or if the player feels Intro the wastage of time, he can end it manually by pressing ESC key.

You should change "_camera" in "_cam"! Fix that error and see if the cutscene runs the way you want...

ADDED LATER (I): I only noticed now different variables and not before when quoting those lines directly from "intro1.sqs" script in earlier post and wrongly thinking it was a matter of timed trigger... Oh well... I think I should buy a pair of glasses... ::)

ADDED LATER (II): I also noticed a missing tilde at the end of "the radio" section inside "intro1.sqs" script which I quote here:

;the radio
;=== 23:24:54
_cam camSetTarget [-67358.27,69857.73,25925.80]
playsound "radiointro"
_cam camSetPos [4197.53,4982.55,0.05]
_cam camSetFOV 0.700
_cam camCommit 0
titlecut [" ", "BLACK IN",3]
« Last Edit: 02 Feb 2012, 10:32:03 by Doktor Headshot »

Offline ahmed117

• Members
  • The 3d!t0R -=I.S.I=-
Re: [SOLVED] Intro end automatically, PLz help!!
« Reply #10 on: 03 Feb 2012, 08:29:05 »
Sorry I got it, actually my game had an error, which I have fixed by re-installing the game. Any way thank you very much fro your assistance guys.

Re: [SOLVED] Intro end automatically, PLz help!!
« Reply #11 on: 03 Feb 2012, 08:36:07 »
You're welcome! ;)