Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Changing nickname and question about notifications  (Read 10260 times)

Changing nickname and question about notifications
« on: 16 Jan 2012, 09:48:09 »
   Hello, I would like to change my OFPEC nickname Guido89 into my OFP/CWA nickname Doktor_Headshot. Can I do it by myself or should I ask for the participation of an OFPEC "officer"?
   I would like also to know if it is possible to get notified by email everytime someone sends PM or replies to thread I opened or in which I just took part. Thank you in advance to all who reply!
? (this == thinkable) : this = scriptable

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re: Changing nickname and question about notifications
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2012, 16:27:02 »
Hello, I would like to change my OFPEC nickname Guido89 into my OFP/CWA nickname Doktor_Headshot. Can I do it by myself or should I ask for the participation of an OFPEC "officer"?
You should be able to change the 'Name' part in your profile yourself, if it's possible it should be in editable form. If not then it's doable only by a admin (can't test this myself so you have to be the guinea pig on this one :P ).

That will change the name seen on the forums, your username would still remain the same.
Although we'd kinda prefer if the username and nickname would be the same.. :scratch:

I would like also to know if it is possible to get notified by email everytime someone sends PM or replies to thread I opened or in which I just took part.
Had a quick look around and you can't get e-mail notifications on PMs nor replies in your topic.
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jan 2012, 19:01:12 »
   Thank you for your kind reply h-, yes I would like too that my username and the name displayed in the forum are the same and I would like those to be Doktor_Headshot in order to make it paired with my in-game nickname. Unfortunately no one of them is editable in my profile settings... So I think maybe OFPEC admins can perform this operation but don't know how to proceed... Should I send PM to them asking them to change my username/name displayed in forum?
   About email notifications, I thought they were not available but I hoped until last moment I was wrong... It doesn't mind! Maybe in the future this option will be implemented among the features of OFPEC forum.

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2012, 20:20:30 »
Should I send PM to them asking them to change my username/name displayed in forum?
As it so happens I have a power to do that ;)

The process will reset your password and you will get a e-mail on how to proceed.
Just take mine or other admin's e-mail address and save it somewhere in case something goes wrong..
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2012, 20:26:05 »
   Thank you h-, I already saved your email address into a text file. I am awaiting for email with instructions to change nickname.